Who wants a JDM EJ20 ?

JoshP

Im looking to get a JDM WRX 5 speed tranny, and seems like the easiest/cheapest way to do that is through an importer.  So Im looking to split a complete engine/trans set with someone at around 7-800 each.  I have transport set too for stuff close enough.  So for that much you would get a complete engine, low miles and compression tested.  They generally come with exhaust and turbo, complete intake mani etc, but not all come with ECUs.  I just need trans,clutch starter etc. 

Here's a decent example although this one doesn't seem to be compression tested but just an example -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-97-98-SUBARU-FORESTER-IMPREZA-WRX-GC8-GF8-EJ20T-2-0L-TURBO-ENGINE-5-SPEED-MT-/121210059822

Could be a good deal for both..

sooch

Type-RA
If you could wait til spring I could use a spare shortblock to have built...... 

What tranny are you looking for? 4.11 or 4.44? dccd? r180 rear? 

THOSE BUYING THE ENGINE make sure you get a full uncut harness, otherwise another one will run you close to $400.

--Redtop/red manifold = STi versions.

--r180 rear diff = Type RA v5/v6.

--ej20g STi = closedeck block. ej20g came with td04 or td05 turbos.

--ej20k STi = forged internals. vf22 vf23 and vf24 turbos.

--ej207 STi = forged internals and some have "bigport" heads. vf series turbos

Went through this a year ago or so, and did a lot of research. Im not an expert but that's the gist of what I know. 

JoshP

I can wait until spring, it will be that long until I actually need it.  Whatever I can get ahold of is fine with me, I'll have to swap rear diff either way.  I really wish you could run those engines with wrx ej205 ecu. 

sooch

Type-RA
Well come spring time, Im all about it. Don't wait for me though if someone comes along. 

I know for sure you can run the newer ej207s with the ej205 ecu and all that stuff. With the older ej207s (v5/v6) I am 50/50 on.

EDIT

I've also been thinking of taking a ride up to some of the import shops in Canada. I feel like going there and seeing the front clips etc before buying would be much better. Not only that, but I might find seats, steering wheels, wheels, etc. I wouldnt be opposed to a drive up there with someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back