Winter kicks

ScoobySnax

Looking for winetr tires for my stock rims (2009 wrx). Love the blizzacks but they are not cheap. I have heard good things about ipikes as I have seen in one forum that Team O'neil uses them on their school cars. looking to not spend a boatload but I drive a very bad road to work (rt115 to Gray)which is a POS and never gets plowed and I would like something that's decent when there isn't snow on the road (dedicated winter tires though, no all season). Also looking for good summer tires as the car came with nankangs on it which I am not wild about and do not trust. Any help?
default_unsure.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
iPikes ftw

another decent but lo priced snow tire is the Arctic Claw from VIP.

am a confirmed Yokohama fan tho, the Ice Guard IG10 is absolutely awesome in snow and actually pretty good on pavement.

go with the narrowest tire that will fit your rims...narrow tires bite down thru snow better to find grip underneath. wide snows just plane up and slide all over hell.

Gretsch308

iPikes ftw

another decent but lo priced snow tire is the Arctic Claw from VIP.

am a confirmed Yokohama fan tho, the Ice Guard IG10 is absolutely awesome in snow and actually pretty good on pavement.

go with the narrowest tire that will fit your rims...narrow tires bite down thru snow better to find grip underneath. wide snows just plane up and slide all over hell.
+1 I have been running these for 2 days now and they feel great. Don't know about snow yet but hear they are good.

Also these look good. Have no experience with them tho.

General Altimax Arctic (Studdable Winter/Snow)

Ray

The Northernah'
I ran dunlop graspic DS-1 snows all last winter and loved them. They were quiet on bare tar and handled well. I don't know if they still make them however.

Matt

I ran the artic claws last winter and they were awesome...cheap and performed well....(see snow drifting videos!!!!)

4WRXter

Skier!
I have always managed to come across great used winter tires. One set I bought is how I first met NAILMAN, from RS25 at the time. If I HAD to buy new, I would go with the Winterforces. They are what I put on my truck.

Latest posts

Back