woo woo woo sound

L-town

The front makes a sound like an unbalanced tire in the front. I replaced all rotors and pads thinking it may have been a warped rotor but to no avail it still makes the sound. the faster I go the closer the woo woo is. Nothing to do with the engine or tranny. cause it doesn't increase with engine speed just with actual speed and no vibration in the shifter. Nothing really noticable in drivability. Still corners great still drives straight when I let off the wheel. So I"m at a loss. Everything looks normal underneath, doesn't seem to be any rubbing of any sort. Any suggestions, its annoying to say the least and although it doesn't appear to be affecting anything I"m sure its not good.

Thanks

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Try rotating the tires to see if the noise follows the tire. If not, possible wheel bearing. Usually the complaint when they are bad it a "rotational noise coming from..." then we put the applicable bearing. Hopefully its the tires.

L-town

I was thinking bearing as well... :
default_wink.png
I've had stockers and steelies on and both make the same noise... How much are bearings?

L-town

haha I know woo woo, but I figured itd get someones attention O0 I went and met OBKWGN at evergreen and he priced me some bearings now just need the $$ to get em. I think from what I've read on rs25 that the bearings are what is wrong WOO WOO that's the sound of may wallet crying

soposube

I also have a bearing that is in the begining stages of going. Not to loud, but the mechanic who inspected it noticed the noise.

THE question is how long can I drive around before its seizes up or has another issues?. For example I want to drive up to Eustis soon. Should I be concerned about taking my car on a trip from SoPo to Eustis?

R

redlinerally

They have a saying up in Eustis...

'Useless in Eustis'... went hunting up there a few times with my dad. Nothing to see, except some good 4wheeling trails.

Ur bearing will make the trip for sure.

soposube

'Useless in Eustis'... went hunting up there a few times with my dad. Nothing to see, except some good 4wheeling trails.

Anybody have an idea of what will happen if the bearing totally fails?

Runnah

Your wheel falls off.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Your wheel falls off.
^^not likely^^ but the wheel would lock completely, and most likely you would need a whole new hub/spindle if that happens.

Rightseat

just DO THE BEARING. it's called preventive maintenance.

"economizing" on stuff like that is just senseless. you should realize that when the bearing finally goes, it will NOT happen in some convenient close-to-home place. most likely on a remote back road at night when you have your family aboard and car trouble is the last thing you need to deal with.

you'll know you waited too long when you smell or see smoke pouring out of the wheel well. :
default_smile.png
default_redface.gif

DG

R

redlinerally

Yeah, I smell it too. Smells like... hummus.

No no no. Smells like you should go down to evergreen and get that fixed bro.

L-town

Getting mine fixed this week hopefully, not at evergreen though ( sorry joel) My mech gets better discounts and he got me one for a little under 50 bucks plus he'll install it for 50 and a steak. I couldn't pass it up, even though waiting at evergreen for it to be fixed might have gotten me a ride in an sti
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back