WRB touch up paint? bad rock chip :(

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Hey guys so Saturday while washing my car I came across a pretty good size rock/paint chip that definitely wasn't there before... I'm not sure how it got there but it is really bothering me......

What is the best way to fix this? Will touch up paint or a paint pen work or is it too deep? Anywhere to get touch up paint (dealer/online)?

Anyway here is some pics.... 
default_additional_sad.gif

DSCN1704_zps6aa2e57d.jpg

DSCN1705_zps077171f4.jpg

DSCN1706_zps8a4f8a40.jpg

Matt

That's really deep. You could fill in with touch up paint( I'd get it from the dealer ) and maybe wet the sand the area and buff it really well.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
That's not a problem, it's a sign of proper use of a Subaru. WRB paint is pretty brittle, and the light-colored undercoat really makes chips show up clearly. That damage does not appear to be thru to bare metal, there's plenty of undercoat so careful touch-up with WRB dabber should be fine.

If you think that's bad, check out my old wag...

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
That's not a problem, it's a sign of proper use of a Subaru. WRB paint is pretty brittle, and the light-colored undercoat really makes chips show up clearly. That damage does not appear to be thru to bare metal, there's plenty of undercoat so careful touch-up with WRB dabber should be fine.

If you think that's bad, check out my old wag...
That makes me feel a lot better, thanks!
default_biggrin.png

I will get some WRB touch up paint and see how that works out, I also have a couple other minor areas that could be touched up as well too

Latest posts

Back