wrx worst car to insure

Ryan

The #1 problem is that the WRX is becoming cheaper and cheaper. This means that young dumb ass kids are getting there hands on them, driving like idiots, and raising our insurance rates. Heck, you can get an 02-03 WRX these days for dirt cheap. It's only going to get worse...

Iboc_C64

Hah, I saw this about 5 minutes ago on yahoo and thought I'd share, but then I thought better and decided to see if someone beat me to the punch. Guess so. Anyway I was probably a factor in that too. Bought my car in March of 09. Its a Black 2009 WRX Hatch.

1. 2nd day after purchase. 300mi on Odo. Hit by unavoidable flying tree limb kicked up by oncomming white pickup w/ dualie rear wheels. $860, insurance covered after $500 deductable.

2. 3 months after purchase. 6000mi on Odo. Hit pothole and slightly warped both passenger side rims. $780+/-, insurance + $250 deductable. (Got smarter about deductable)

3. 3.5 months after purchase. 7000mi on Odo. Friends girlfriend swings her front bumper in to my rear drivers side bumper while leaving for work. Peels paint right off. She says, "Oh it doesn't look bad. It's no big deal right?" Yah, as long as $370 and never quite looking the same is no big deal!
default_smile.png

4. 4.5 months after purchase. 9000mi on Odo. Parked next to empty parking spot at at work. Came out to find dent in rear passenger side door along with blue paint scuffs and chip of paint missing. Found out later it was the broke, hard luck guy at work. You know the one who you always have to feel bad for? $380.... Meh.

So far I have been about 2 months and 3000 miles with no mishaps. KNOCK ON WOOD!!! BTW those last 2 I paid mostly from my own pocket with a little help from the culprits of the damage. No insurance company involved. Just tryin to do my part to keep the rates lower.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I love my FXT!!
default_biggrin.png
Insurance rates are as low if not a little lower than they were on my 2000 RS!!!

On a side note, this reminds me, I had a dream last night and I was driving a brand new WRX hatch, and I crashed it into a telephone pole and a tree, I was dreading the insurance rates going up!!
default_biggrin.png
I know.....weird dream!

i-wagon

wow, and I almost bought a 2005 wrx instead of my 07 wagon:confused: glad I didn't, and I couldn't help notice #2 on the list was scion tc... my friend was just here with his yesterday to show off his trd supercharger... he'll add to that statistic

patsti

NitrousFed
my g35 (full coverage) and 97 expedition(liability) cost me 165 a month with a $250 deductable... I have a bad driving record.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have full coverage on my 04 FXT, liability on my 89 GL, and my wifes 99 Saturn SL1, and I pay about 165 a month

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
if one is into racing and sube drivetrain, I could guess knowing the labor and expense would not have a label of wrx/sti.

it is a repeat of american history, from camaros with 2.8 liters hacked to v8s,

chevelles, and family wagons, and oh my, the same is happening to old subes too..

the boosted engine in an outback is number six of top ten to insure...and there is a crumple zone with all the power..

CheySpec207

i pay about 239/month for full coverage being my own insurance for the first time and being 20 but my previous records were 2 speeding tickets over 20 miles per hour, a written warning for speeding, and a high speed accident i thought it was gonna be worst that's why i didnt buy an sti but im happy lol

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
my 09 is cheaper to insure by $35/mo than my 09 vw gti was......

Stein

Stein
i pay about 239/month for full coverage being my own insurance for the first time and being 20 but my previous records were 2 speeding tickets over 20 miles per hour, a written warning for speeding, and a high speed accident i thought it was gonna be worst that's why i didnt buy an sti but im happy lol
srsly?

Iboc_C64

I pay about $130 a month and I am 27 with a 2009 Black WRX Hatch. I think that is decent considering I paid the same to insure a 1997 Pontiac GAGT for the past 6 years.

Back