WTB: Supplies for brake upgrade

Mark

I'm thinking either 02-05 WRX brake pieces, or possibly legacy H6 pieces would be best. But basically i want a bigger rotor and better calipers for my RS. Let me know what you have.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Forester XT stuff would work too!! that's what I have on the front of my OBS, and they are bigger than the RS stuff!!

Mark

that would make sense. xt's share a lot of pieces.

they're a bit harder to find parts off of which is why i listed wrx. plenty of people upgrading

elliseast

The regular wrx calipers are the same as yours, and the rotors are only 1/8"(ish) larger in diameter. Buy a Front & Rear set of Porterfield R4S pads (what I rock), or Hawk street compound, and you will feel a massive difference. Just a recommendation....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

well my calipers and rotors are 155k miles deep. i just wanted to revamp it all.

maybe i should be looking for lgt/06-07 wrx brakes?

Matt

i thought we can reuse our stock cailpers, use a wrx rotor with only the wrx caliper bracket and you're instantly upgraded to a 11. whatever swap????

Mark

finally gabe chimes in.

gabe just tell me what to buy. it will make my life a lot easier

SUBARUDE

The regular wrx calipers are the same as yours, and the rotors are only 1/8"(ish) larger in diameter. Buy a Front & Rear set of Porterfield R4S pads (what I rock), or Hawk street compound, and you will feel a massive difference. Just a recommendation....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this
default_frown.gif

IBratmanI

I'm telling ya, Forester brakes would be awesome!! The ones I used are actually 2008 Forester brakes, not XT. They are still 2 pots, but the rotor is A LOT bigger than RS

Matt

how much bigger..... are you just using forester rotors and calipers for the upgrade? i ask cuz i have an rs and i like upgrades to!!! does it effect brake bias by going larger on one end and not the other?

apkarian100

Vendor
I have done both the H6 rear brake upgrade and WRX front brake upgrade. For the H6 upgrade, you'll need the H6 rotors, H6 caliper brackets, and either WRX rear calipers or 99-01 RS rear calipers. The 99-01 RS rear brakes are the same as 02-05 WRX rear brakes, so you will be using the same pads.

As for the WRX front brake upgrade, you will need WRX front caliper brackets, WRX rotors, and WRX brake pads as these are bigger than RS pads.

IBratmanI

how much bigger..... are you just using forester rotors and calipers for the upgrade? i ask cuz i have an rs and i like upgrades to!!! does it effect brake bias by going larger on one end and not the other?
I used 2008 Forester calipers w/brackets, rotors, and of course pads. But the calipers are the same as any other 2 pot caliper, but the rotors are much bigger, so you need he bracket that goes with them. It was a huge upgrade on the front of my OBS, but I did go from 1 pot to these. But I had a set of RS stuff and these were still quite a bit bigger

Matt

nice...looks like the forester rotors are inch bigger than mine.....ICP/API have sweet deals once in awhile....85 bucks pads and rotors

Latest posts

Back