WTF?!? Why can't I change my oil?!?

Evil Jeff

So, I'm in desperate need of a 710 change on the Rex. Problem is, I can't get the damn drain plug off. I have the factory oil temp gauge on the car, and the leads come off the drain plug, so a socket's out. Was told by a very reliable source to use a "big ass adjustable". Tried that, and can't even get the damn thing to budge.

So, anyone got any brilliant ideas on how I can get my drain plug off, short of a chainsaw?

Evil Jeff

So, I'm in desperate need of a 710 change on the Rex. Problem is, I can't get the damn drain plug off. I have the factory oil temp gauge on the car, and the leads come off the drain plug, so a socket's out. Was told by a very reliable source to use a "big ass adjustable". Tried that, and can't even get the damn thing to budge.

So, anyone got any brilliant ideas on how I can get my drain plug off, short of a chainsaw?

Rightseat

unplug the sender wire and slip a 6-pt 17mm socket over it and use a breaker bar. car needs to be jacked up and on stands so you can bodily get under there and honk on that wrench. this is not a delicate operation.

TORQUE is what u need.

DG

Rightseat

unplug the sender wire and slip a 6-pt 17mm socket over it and use a breaker bar. car needs to be jacked up and on stands so you can bodily get under there and honk on that wrench. this is not a delicate operation.

TORQUE is what u need.

DG

Rightseat

TORQUE is what u need.

DG

seph

maybe a lift is needed to get Jeff under there....
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back