wtf

Carter

Administrator
No IRC, chatbox is here for mods and admins only to chat realtime. It does put a heavy load on the server so I can't open it to all.

topdeeni

really? A chatbox/shoutbox loads up a server? I honestly did not know that but I can see how it would create a load on a server. We use one at our gaming site but never see the load it causes on the gaming server.... We host out site, files and other crap on a seperate server box unrelated to and in a differernt state than our gaming server. We are determined to keep them seperate to minimize load on the server box...

Like UR VIP forum we use hidden forums based on the set up of the permissions to have admin sections that we use for our little discussions and private matters we do not wish to share... we even have a forum for all the threads people deleted for whatever reason so we can see them...

U should stop by my gaming site sometime and take a peek.... a lot if very similar to what is going on here yet a lot is different. I always enjoy other forums and (honestly) seeing how they are set up with all thier potential short comings.... If U do let me know, U may have to register and have UR permissions set up....we had to make them very tight as early on we got attacked by a group called the g00ns; they took over our teamspeak, hacked the scripting on our site and hit our server box with a massive denial of service attack then a TCP/IP flood making all the gaming slots look full..... we are pretty sure someone from a different gaming clan paid them to hammer us... That ended when I looked up the owners of thier site...called ones mom in Europe at work and sent the other a present vis USPS that I am sure his parents just loved and probably got him beaten like a red haired step child....

YEah I tend to be evil and a very vengeful vindictive..maybe it has to do with the time I spent in the Springfield area where life is pretty much an "eye for an eye" and the week DO not survive...

I could also set up an IRC server at my place if I knew how. BEcasue of the wifes work we have an incredible fast conmnection for where we are... the only issue would be I would have to hsut it down when she works every other night... her job for PB requires ALLL the bandwidth

UM..btw.... did U know U have UR full names at the bottom of this site? not that it really matters... I am just a privacy freak.

Carter

Administrator
IRC on the site period would kick us from our hosting. They dont want IRC channels on their hosted sites no matter where the channel is hosted.

The chatbox uses ajax along with many other features we have installed. We have 35 plug-ins which isn't a LOT but its enough to kill our shared hosting plan if too many people are using them. 5% server load raises a red flag to our host and we'll get shut down without warning. If I could install the chatbox for VIP only members seeing as it wouldnt be used too too much I would, however I can't install 2 instances of it. like I said we use it to communicate with mods.

Yes I realize our names are at the bottom of the site, you better know who owns this place bishes! I wanted people to know EG doesn't own us.

topdeeni

tis kewl.... I guess a gaming server has much more wide open terms based on what it is doing and the bandwidth required...I really do not know much about the people who host our site or the rules they have, it is done by one of our members and he graciously hosts it for us.. I am much more aware and capable of the running of a dedicated server box via RDC.

We have had to be concerned with bandwidth availability never loading up the processors in the server box fortunately...and I liked it much more when I lived in Andover MA, had fiber optic internet and was pinging 11 to the server box instead of the 50-60's up here...booo hiss

It's kewl with UR names... Just something I noticed and wondered about...I am not sure how I would feel about having my real name in such a visible spot unless it got me more naked women...

Latest posts

Back