wzrd back

wzrd

Just wanted to say hey...

Sold the olde 06 wrx[god i loved that car] and just picked up a slightly modded 08 STI....

In between working,running the mini farm this summer i hope to make a few car shows and maybe meet up with a few of you local subaru folks.....

Our sleepy little town of bridgton has a local cruise nite for folks who want to get thier cars out once a week,when the time comes ill post up the dates and maybe turn one of the nites into a subaru show..

Dont suspose stixxx or topdeedi are still floating round the forum??I have run into rob and inski[hey]....

Anyways nice to be back,catch ya'll[or pass yah] on the roads of maine.............wzrd /out

DShane

Definitely let me know when the local cruise nights and meets are, I'll go to them for sure. Psyched to meet some of the other subaru fanatics who live in or near Bridgton.

wzrd

we had 1 cruise nite back 2-3 years ago that quite a few ms members showed up..The locals/oldtimers were pretty impressed when stixxx launched a sideways 4 tire drift on rte 302 as he headed south at the end of the nite.When the smoke cleared there were some cool awd prints to verify the subaru's presence that evening..legendary..Also got to take a look at the 2 most expensive STI builds ive personally ever seen...Those guys had to have 50k of extra's on top of the stock STI.....

Done remenissing,wzrd/out

DShane

I say we get it going again, there's so many subies around here now people would definitely come. 

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Hey Paul  
default_additional_ttiwwp.gif

wzrd

Details! What are the specs? 
silver 08 STI that's had "some" work done by kinetic motor works..

2.5 xt-r 8cm turbine

1000 cc fuel injectors

and a bunch of other supporting stuff[air in/out]

cobb awd pro tune.

paper work says aprox 315 hp/tq to the wheels at 5000 rpm

Is that what you wanted to hear mr B ?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
silver 08 STI that's had "some" work done by kinetic motor works..

2.5 xt-r 8cm turbine

1000 cc fuel injectors

and a bunch of other supporting stuff[air in/out]

cobb awd pro tune.

paper work says aprox 315 hp/tq to the wheels at 5000 rpm

Is that what you wanted to hear mr B ?
That's better! I bet you're loving it. Any internal work done? Sounds like some pretty conservative numbers for that turbo.

wzrd

That's better! I bet you're loving it. Any internal work done? Sounds like some pretty conservative numbers for that turbo.
 Original engine blew at 80k..I believe i was told the new replacement shortblock had the "upgraded" pistons..That would be factory Subaru block.

Wasnt even looking to buy the STI but happened to be there asked if i could hear it run..Liked the sound of the quad exhaust and took her for a test drive...,

Whole differant beast then my rex...My rex was very quick,but felt lite to much after 80......The STI doesn't seam quite as quick off the line[i dont/wont launch] maybe its the 6 speed,or the turbo not kicking in as early but when in the sweet spot she is a beast in a very sleaper looking car..One of the big reasons i bought her was she is so incognito except for the hood scoop and a few STI badges...It looks like my neighbors n/a imprezza from up the road[no offence joe
default_additional_hail.gif
 ]

hope they tuned it for the long haul,like NOT to blow

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I went to my dads work tonight and saw your old WRX, that thing is sweet looking! Post pics of the new ride!

wzrd

How many miles on the new engine Paul ?
4700.  me thinks.

Ive gotta take the time to call the place that tuned the car to see whats actually going on under there....That way when im looking at the guages ill know if there reading proper....The tune does appear to be conservative but she still has more pull them the rex did..Where my old car was done this one is just starting to breath......Gonna take a few miles to become one with her.....Then we start with a new wheel package.

p.s Still got the land,best deal yet/cash

Latest posts

Back