Yay Evergreen, Boo Charlies

Runnah

Another bitch about car repair thread.

So as many of you know my car has been acting up. Due to my current all over schedule I was forced to have it checked out at Charlies. A day later and one rental car they tell me it's the Crank and cam shaft sensors and the nuetral position switch. Being resourceful (Calling Shorty) I was able to replace the two sensors for a fraction of what they would have charged. Of course that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. So I drop my car at Evergreen and they diagnose the problem correctly and quickly. Granted it was more than I had hope but at least its fixed properly.

So major props go out to Shorty and Evergreen.

Runnah

The injectors were pooched. The engine was flooding and not turning over and when it did it ran like shit.

Im glad I didn't let Charlies do anything because I'd be out over $300 annd still no closer to having it fixed.

I know car repair isn't and exact science but c'mon they weren't even addressing the right system.

Maybe i will skip Evergreen doing any work and just have Shorty fix it in a parking lot in Auburn!
default_smile.png

Evan

most bigger places (including dealerships like evergreen and patriot i imagine) should have a subaru scan tool that will report back the recent timing/fuel/etc readings. that would have told them that the timing checked out but it was dumping fuel. that may have been how evergreen figured it out too...

i guess it'd be good to check at your service place of choice to see if they use one if you have a weird electrical/sensor-related issue.

glad to hear your ships back on the road at least.

saabaru

Joel is the man... Nothing but good things come out of Evergreen. Good to hear. (Mental note incase I am in need of anything)

Rightseat

Having had personal experience at both Suby stores, I can say that Charlie's epitomizes what's wrong with car dealerships, and Evergreen epitomizes what's right about them.

Charlies: :puke: (true story: after a long and convoluted attempt to buy a new Leg GT wagon, the deal falls apart over bald-faced chicanery regarding trade-in. Next thing we know is, sales guy follows me and wife out the door into sleet storm, "would you take the car TODAY if I get payment down to $349 a month??!!" guess what the answer was....)

Evergreen: :angel12:

Evil Jeff

This is my neck of the woods, and I could have told you to avoid Charlies. The quick version of what happened to me:

Went there looking for a 6-cyl Outback with the ex, salesman laughed at us and said we couldn't afford one. Went to the local Dodge place of all places, and when they got the Outback they had, it turned out to be an '01 VDC. We bought it, for a steal no less. Week later, there's a recall on the SVX, so I take it to Charlies (there was no Evergreen yet, and Patriot was new), so I took it to Charlies. Go to pick it up in the new wagon, same salesman runs out of the showroom screaming at us to "Get that F'ing car off his lot, how dare I bring a Subaru from another dealer to to his lot". In front of my girls, no less.

From my experience, they are tied with Quirk as the worst dealer in Maine. Next time your at my place, I'll introduce you to an affordable shade-tree type that both Rad and I trust. Nothing against Evergreen mind you, they just get my more complex work to justify the trip.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Well it sure sounded much better when I heard it start and run, Runnah. (haha, little pun)

I just passed you, I was headed south in a silver turbo Forester, you were going north heading towards Evergreen in Ms. Runnah's Impretza.

Runnah

yeah late night pick up. I just barely got back to camp. but she runs like a top!

Now if I can only fix the rust, change the clutch, do a serious detail etc...etc...etc...

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Sweet! I asked that they tell me when it was completed, but telling you is even better. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back