Yellow Tinted Fogs!

Vegasjetta

Did someone say yellow fogs? I love doing this to any car. I started doing these for my VW friends back when I lived in Vegas, it's really easy and cheap to do. The yellow Lamin-X never looks right to me, the stuff I use gives it a much better appearance. 

IMG_7547_zps59bbdfbb.jpg

i-wagon

Did someone say yellow fogs? I love doing this to any car. I started doing these for my VW friends back when I lived in Vegas, it's really easy and cheap to do. The yellow Lamin-X never looks right to me, the stuff I use gives it a much better appearance.

IMG_7547_zps59bbdfbb.jpg
What do you use?

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I'm guessing the stained glass spray you can buy at jo-ann fabrics. I've used laminex before, and it peels off after moisture is trapped underneath it. I'm interested to see how long the tint spray lasts, since I've done it to mine as well.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I'm guessing the stained glass spray you can buy at jo-ann fabrics. I've used laminex before, and it peels off after moisture is trapped underneath it. I'm interested to see how long the tint spray lasts, since I've done it to mine as well.
That stuff works great if you throw a good 2K clear over it.  I did my 09 WRX tails with the red stained glass spray, then threw a few coats of 2K 50:1 clear/black from an HVLP until they were as dark as I wanted.  Finish came out hard as nails.

Pottle

Adam, how is the light output?  Thinking of doing something with the yellow but dont want to dim the light output a lot.

i-wagon

Just ordered a can of the mc202 through work, and bought some clear coat earlier, yellow fogs tomorrow night

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Okay, I realize I'm a little late to this thread, but I ordered some cheap yellow tint film off ebay and it doesn't have an adhesive backing. Will it just adhere with a heat gun? I want to be at least reasonably sure before I melt a bunch of yellow crap all over my  bumper.

i-wagon

Okay, I realize I'm a little late to this thread, but I ordered some cheap yellow tint film off ebay and it doesn't have an adhesive backing. Will it just adhere with a heat gun? I want to be at least reasonably sure before I melt a bunch of yellow crap all over my bumper.
no adhesive and I assume no directions? Toss it and get a can of the Duplicolor metalcast. I did my fogs and Hellas, looks good with the lights off, light output is still good and the color lit up is move

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
no adhesive and I assume no directions? Toss it and get a can of the Duplicolor metalcast. I did my fogs and Hellas, looks good with the lights off, light output is still good and the color lit up is move
Directions? hah, hell no. That's probably what I'll do. I'm putting Hella 500's behind my grille in the near future and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them clear or go yellow.

dsmith

do the duplicolor if you go yellow. or just get 3k hid's. I'm putting HID's in my hellas this weekend hopefully.

jojo69

I'm not sure if you got clarification on it (other than going with a different method), but in my experience I've done the following: 

- clean/prep surface with soap and alcohol.

- Dip plastic film in warm water (you can use some Quick Detailer or soap in your water for xtra lubricity)

- Use credit card/squiggy to get rid of bubbles etc

- I've had better luck with hair gun than heat gun (too hot sometimes), but use that to spread/pull/wrap your film over.

That's generally what I've done. 

I had yellow fogs in my honda which made it look oem when not used but yellow when on, so i liked it. But for the subaru, i decided I liked the contrast of yellow & blue paint during the day, so went with yellow film. Love it. Either way, it's a fun, easy & cheap mod
default_wink.png

good luck and whatever you decide to go with, post pics! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back