Your Opinion On White Wheels?

apkarian100

Vendor
What say you about white wheels? I have a craving for them, but not sure how dirty they will actually get.

Discuss!

Ray

The Northernah'
I loved my white rs 6 spokes, They were a pain to keep clean of brake dust and dirt but when they were clean it was nice
default_tongue.png

Think of how dirty a white car gets. Then add on what gets on your regular wheels for brake dust. It all shows up.

Could always photoshop the color onto them.

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

Honestly, white on white is the only look I care for. The only thing is, brake dust can actually embed into the paint and they are hella hard to keep clean at that point.

GClark

Today I saw a newport blue Impreza with gold wheels and thought it looked great. White would also look good. I have owned white wheels, and they look: when you first paint them, after you wash them. That's about it. The brake dust covers the wheels in a day of driving. It sucks.

apkarian100

Vendor
What type of gold though? I'm afraid to get the wrong shade.

Today I saw a newport blue Impreza with gold wheels and thought it looked great. White would also look good. I have owned white wheels, and they look: when you first paint them, after you wash them. That's about it. The brake dust covers the wheels in a day of driving. It sucks.

wrbwrx

I think white is a great rim color, but if you dont keep your car clean all the time then they look like shit.. that's my .02

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
clearcoated white wheels are easy to keep clean, just wash with soft brush when you wash the car. Why do you think rally cars (and most car/boat/hoss trailers) have white wheels??

white shows light grime less than glossy black, that's for sure.

apkarian100

Vendor
You have a great point man! My confidence in white is brewing again.

clearcoated white wheels are easy to keep clean, just wash with soft brush when you wash the car. Why do you think rally cars (and most car/boat/hoss trailers) have white wheels??

white shows light grime less than glossy black, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back