Zach, Jesse, and Justin's weekend with Dirty Rallysport

Rallytech14

For those of you who don't know, we drove down too Harrisville, NY this past weekend to work as a service crew for Eric Wages and Dirty Rallysport!

Ill let the pics do the talking!

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Capture.png

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

Car came back about midnight with some serious issues, the rear end of the vehicle slid off the road and struck a rock with the drivers side rear wheel. Bent the lateral link, separated all the body welds on that side and punched the strut mount up into the passenger compartment. We were up until 3:30AM trying everything we could to get the strut tower back in shape but we had to throw in the towel, there was just no way we could get it back together and most importantly make it safe enough to compete.

But a few other competitors had MUCH worse luck..

297616_10150305459233284_664053283_8176672_1995559601_n.jpg

Clearly a very bad wreck, co-driver had to be transported off the stage in an ambulance. I don't know too much about the injury specifically, but I do know that it wasn't anything life threatening.

Many more pictures here! http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb365/RallyGuy17/#!cpZZ8QQtppZZ20

P.S. congrats too Double Plus Racing for all your success at this event!

Last edited by a moderator:

skipow

I heard one of the wrecked evos was a rented $70k car.

worst part is- I heard he had a $60k deductible.

ouch.

ReZPunK

yeah all 3 are hooked and stand a good chance of being the Dirty Rallysport New England region Service crew.
default_wink.png

its only a matter of time before one of them has the bright idea to get in a car...happens to all of us!

skipow

from what I heard there were two near identical evo x's that wrecked right? I heard it was the same corner too

Rallytech14

yep. evo #1 wrecked. Co-driver was hurt and the driver got out, in the confusion and adrenaline (plus the darkness and the fog) he ran right on to the track trying to flag down some help. Evo #2 had to swerve right off the road to avoid hitting him!

Rallytech14

I believe I am addicted too that madness dave! nothing in my ordinary life can even come close, everything is boring now haha

GREASEMONKEY