Bryan's 2013 BRZ Limited

Pictures added. It needs a good cleaning, hoping to get a semi-warm day to do it unless the dealer will do it. Over 180 miles on it total so far.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
So...we were out the other day in the 911...stopped for a few groceries, when my wife said "hey look, it's a Subaru 911!" Black BRZ, now she wants one for her 60th bday, which was a few months ago.

Congrats, great lookin lil rig.

i might have a perrin antenna that will fit
How tall is it?
Had to run back to the dealer yesterday. The traction control likes to kick in a lot taking off in the rain. It will step out if you try. I have zero complaints about the car. 400 miles on it, getting around 24 mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Welcome to the world of RWD. There's no prob, once you figure out that YOU are the traction and stability control. The trick is getting the most out of the limited grip that you have--as in 50% of what you're used to having with AWD when taking off in the rain.

It's kind of like switching to telemark ski gear instead of downhill...takes a lot more skill to do what used to be simple.

Welcome to the world of RWD. There's no prob, once you figure out that YOU are the traction and stability control. The trick is getting the most out of the limited grip that you have--as in 50% of what you're used to having with AWD when taking off in the rain.
I have never owned or really driven an AWD Subaru. My impreza is FWD. Low traction is something I am used to. I will be buying a set of winter wheels and tires for the occasions I take this out.

Drove up to Castine to see friends. Took some pictures.

Hit 500 miles.

8e3U1m6.jpg

Stopped at the local beach.

V8cQ8q6.jpg

Finally Fort Madison, which was used in the Civil War, and various wars before that.

zm1oreR.jpg

icu5qJk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This car is going to be my tarmac queen, slowly learning how to control the right foot taking off on slippery surfaces.

Getting the windows tinted on friday. Have to decide how dark I want to go.

So today was probably the coolest weather so far that I have driven in. I noticed the cold roads effecting the handling habits. Time for some winter performance tires and wheels.

I have picked out these so far. Moda is a brand made for TireRack by BBS.

ModaMD12BlackMachined.jpg

Latest posts

Back