RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

Taiden

I gotta vent. This is one thing I hate about Portland. Portland is pretty safe except for the senseless stuff When I lived in Charlotte NC there was way more crime but it was the gun in face, give me your wallet kind of crime. You give them the wallet and they ran. That was it.

Last year one of my friends was invited to a party in Portland. He went in and was hanging out with the guys, they said he could have all the beer he wanted.

Well after a few hours and a few beers he decided he wanted to get out of the sausage fest, so he grabbed a couple road beers and stepped out.

No sooner than his foot touched the outside step someone smacked him in the face with a shovel and yelled "dont steal my ****!"

Two more people came out and proceeded to take turns holding him while the other two hit him with the shovel and their fists.

After begging with them for a few minutes they let him go and took back the beer.

He ended up with a broken nose and 120 stitches on his face, and bruised ribs.

All that over two cans of PBR.

What the **** is wrong with people?

-=Lobstah=-

I think we should have a meet in his honor.
+ 1. The next MS meet should be in Eric's honor...

The memorial service is set for 10AM on Saturday in Westbrook. I did not know Eric personally, only seen him once, but, Subaru community, is what brings us together in a form of an unofficial family....

I am planning on attending the service on Saturday, if anyone from Topsham/Coastal area is doing the same, we could meet up before heading out....

GClark

What a damn shame. Too nice of a guy. I traded my bike for homemade brownies with him. God damn best brownies ever.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I pray for the family. Death of a son or daughter is tough enough but when its senesless it makes it worse for the family.

Impreza05

What gets to me too is the police stand on this:Quote from Portland Press Herald: "Sauschuck also would not characterize the attack as a homicide" ???????? Really, WTH is it then?
This all sucks, I knew Eric he would come visit me at my P.D. at night and shoot the breeze. Eric was a good kid!!

It can't be called murder because it would have to be proven that they meant to kill him, other than that it would me Man slaughter which they way lawyers are may get plead down to Aggrivated Assault.

Devon

This is just insane. I really thought Maine was safer than that. When I was only like ten or eleven I would walk most of lisbon street to go to different stores and such. My cousin was called out to do a quote on a job last summer and when he showed up two guys beat him senseless with a rock till he was on the ground have a seizure.

My condolences to the family.. That's just messed up.

Stein

Stein
they caught the scum. better thank the police that they found him before one of us did.
He turned himself in. Lucky for him
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
This all sucks, I knew Eric he would come visit me at my P.D. at night and shoot the breeze. Eric was a good kid!!It can't be called murder because it would have to be proven that they meant to kill him, other than that it would me Man slaughter which they way lawyers are may get plead down to Aggrivated Assault.
That still does not make it anything less than a homicide. It doesn't matter if it is premeditated, accidental, or even (obviously not in this case) self defence. It is still the death of one person in result of the actions of another.

Actions have consequences. People have forgotten that.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Actions have consequences. People have forgotten that.
mebbe that's what made the perp turn hisself in. there was a well crafted news piece on public radio about this this morning, sounds like a bunch of bystanders did the right thing and helped the police come up with the guilty party. give Portland ppl that much credit, it's not unheard-of for witnesses to suddenly become very forgetful about this kind of messed up situation.

Carter

Administrator
Eric owned a 1993 Subaru Legacy SS which he had planned to overhaul. His father would like to continue this. We at MS would like to set up a fund to help with this overhaul with all proceeds going to his family.

If you would like to help, you can paypal any donation to [email protected] with "Eric Benson" in the optional notes.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Yes and I am grateful for that.

I am talking about the halfassed charge of aggrevated assault. This is nothing less than a homicide. This ****** has a lengthy record even involving an assault last year where he luckily didn't kill someone when he hit them over the head with a birdbath after breaking into their home to rob them.

This Googins shouldn't have been on the street to begin with. And now we are going to give him another slap on the wrist.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Eric owned a 1993 Subaru Legacy SS which he had planned to overhaul. His father would like to continue this. We at MS would like to set up a fund to help with this overhaul with all proceeds going to his family.
If you would like to help, you can paypal any donation to [email protected] with "Eric Benson" in the optional notes.
When everything settles in their lives I am sure we can get a group together and do a garage day on that car.

Latest posts

Back