RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I bet there a lots of parts that would help build/rebuild that Leg, just sitting unused in MS members' garages and basements. I know there sure are some in mine. Keep us posted as to when the garage day comes up, suss out the car then put out the call for parts.

Taiden

I actually have an ej22t I'm parting out... I would be more than willing to donate what I can to help... I don't have much left since the block and the intake mani have been sold, but I still have the heads and accessories...

I was going to suggest that we talk to his parents about the possibility of us bringing his Leggy into tiptop shape...

...and then maybe even autocrossing/rallyxing it for him. I'm sure he would be pleased to know that a bunch of Subaru gearheads were finding joy in his chariot.

from what I understand his dad is into racing, I'm sure he would know what would make Eric happy.. be it cryogenically freezing it so it is the most complete example of a Legacy SS in 50 years or beating the snot out of it on some dirt roads...

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
From what I understand his brother Andrew will be continuing on with the AutoXing in the Vee and possibly RallyX.

Taiden

Good! I just didn't want it to go to waste... I'm glad a family member will be giving it lots of love and attention.

patsti

NitrousFed
Wow... I am sorry to hear this. I hate going to the old port because of crap like this.

I feel really bad Eric's family and for whoever was with him. If people saw this going on why didn't they help? That is bs. People would rather watch then help. If a few people walked up and said something I am sure it would have been over with.

The people who did this should all be in jail. It was Murder plain and simple. The others who were with the attacker did nothing to stop it and prob egged it on. They are involved too.

A few years back some coke head tried to jump my roomate and I at OPT... He broke my nose and knocked my roomate out. I beat the **** out of him but couldn't press charges because I "took my self defense too far." He attacked me a few times... so I figured he wasn't gonna stop. Long story short I figured out who he was and got him busted on drug charges a few weeks later (my friend is a Portland Cop).

409industries

This was terrible to hear about. As you may know i'm not very active on MainelySubarus.com but the Subaru community is a tight one. I've donated to the Legacy build fund on behalf of DirtyImpreza.com

This kind of stuff makes me sick and scares me at the same time. We are never safe so live life to the fullest. My condolences goes out to his family and close friends.

ScottyNuttz

what is reddit?
Reddit.com is an online community where news, ideas, pics, stories are shared and upvoded/downvoted. They have a section for just about everything, including autos. I thought I'd share this tragic story with them just to get the word out. If you see a red Legacy GT with a Reddit alien sticker on the back, it's probably me.

SWPWRX

Though I did not know Eric and I am not the most active member here on Mainly Subarus, I hope that my donation helps to keep his spirit alive through what he loved while he was here. My sympathy goes out to everyone involved and I hope nothing but the worst for the person that performed this gross act on poor Eric.

Carter

Administrator
As of this minute we have almost reached $100 in donations. Let see how high we can go for him by the end of the week.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
LDR would gladly contribute a set of Pirelli or BFG gravel tires to the Leggy build project. They won't be brand new, but they will be proper rubber for slinging gravel.

diabloadsit

I heard about this on the radio. I guess it happened Sunday/monday morning. From what the radio said is that he was jumped and was with a girl. They did even mess with. This is why carring a conceled carry pistol is a must. I love my guns. Freakin ass hats that did this should rot in hell.

wzrd

sad what the world is coming to....thoughts and prayers be with you.......show no mercy-expect no mercy,may karma be swift and fast..R.I.P ...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
This is terrible to hear. My condolences to family and friends. I've met him at a meet and talked via PM. He was a very nice guy and this makes me extremely sad.

Although I'm broke at this time and can't donate any money, I'm more than willing to donate time and help out with the car.

theimbalance

I still can't believe this is true; the senselessness of it all has been bothering me all day. I don't believe I ever met Eric, but still feel like this hits close to home. I am glad to see such an immediate positive movement in his memory...I'm sure he would be plenty proud to see such stand up people doing so much in his memory.

Latest posts

Back