RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

abenson100

i know that design is similar to the one doen for nate a few years ago but i like the original even if i didnt have the number in the car. he did run under many numbers for diffrent sports.

Taiden

I too like the first design. Maybe Eric's family can decide which they think Eric would like the best. That's what matters.

Also, I wanted to propose something.. I know that June 13 is the AX in Eric's honor... but June 13 is also the Wicked Big Subaru meet in Princeton, MA.

What if we brought Eric's car down to the meet and did a MainelySubaru group ride the day before? Do a poker run on the way ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_run ) with proceeds going towards the Leggy / Eric's family and camp out somewhere. Take WBM by storm with Eric's car as the MS centerpiece.

Mark

can someone post the "first design"? i've looked back and only see the one posted by pedro (which i like a lot)

abenson100

ill consult with my dad about this plan. now im torn between which event i would go to. we have been members of the CMC since high school. so im thinking im gonna have to go to there event but ill see what i can do.

patsti

NitrousFed
I can work on a design as well... Either way I will take a few. I didn't know him very well but he def seemed like a good guy.

I will donate next week... Just got back into town and haven't had a chance to put money into the account linked to my PP.

Does anyone have pics of him in his car? or his car?

saabman

I would say Eric was a Mainer, a CMC'r, and a MainlySuburu'r so keep the benefit in MAINE. The more people come out to the Maine Mall the more people will stop by, in other words crowds draw crowds. We have a unique opportunity to make a big donation if we all hang together. CMC is planning benefit fun runs and benefit ride alongs.

patsti

NitrousFed
My website is hosting a booth at the Sanford sound car show and at the Autozone car show (south portland) July 17 around noon... I am not pos on the dates but I would be more then willing to allow someone to use part of our space to take "donations" for the decals at these places. I can also do that for the family if they can't find someone to do that for them.

I am pretty sure that we could get a decent amount of donations and spread the word at the same time. a lot of car people will support others for a good cause and to help the family/ scholarship fund. Let me know if you want to use our spot.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I definitely think the decal should have his name and dates on it. I like theimbalance's design the best

Last edited by a moderator:

patsti

NitrousFed
i like this one but i am not sure if this would be easy to print.
I was thinking more for a t-shirt or something maybe for the benifit autox or whatever. A screen printer could do it... and it could be cleaned up a bit to cut for a decal too.

patsti

NitrousFed
I am going to be getting a bunch of vinyl stuff in the next few weeks (not right off), along with tshirt vinyl / tshirt press... LMK if you need my help making small batches of these. I am not going to charge anything... I would like to do whatever I can to help your family out. I can't make a ton of them but I can do a few... So if you guys order some and run out I can make some after that. I wont have the equipment to make 100's but 10-20 at a time is do able.

I spoke with the other two involved with my website / e-mag (big sexy and ben) both of them want to help out and asked for decals.

ReZPunK

the services were nice, Andrew did a great job speaking, the song they played almost got me...we had a mini meet afterwards at Sebago with a few MS people that attended.

it was nice to see the CMC guys come out too and even Topdeeni (with a fresh haircut) came in from the woods. it was nice to see him and his wife again.

Latest posts

Back