Snow? What's snow?....

marcelr1988

since i'm 16, this will be my first winter that i will be driving in by myself. my goodyear assurances say they are good for "light snow". now we all know here that there is no such thing as light snow in maine. i drive from lisbon falls to lewiston high school everyday so i am a little concerned about driving.
i do however feel confident driving with AWD but i don think that will be enough in some situations. so what im asking is should i get some snows?
hey, ive had Eagle GT (all season) tires on my car since ive been driving and they never let me down. the rating for deep snow is about the same as the assurance which is pretty good. i dont think youd have any problems driving, i never had and im a pretty crazy driver. as long as you go as fast as the weather allows youll be all set. just make sure you have plenty of tread left. the more the merrier.

Ryan

I'm putting my snows on Monday. Yes it's a little too early, but last the two seasons I've been too late! I don't want to take the chance now that I have a summer tire on now instead of my old allseasons. Snow tires on an AWD are great compared to running allseaons year round. They were the first thing I bought for my car after I got it in the middle of the winter 2 years ago.
I don't think it's too early. Mine are going on today. It could snow anytime in November!

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I don't think it's too early. Mine are going on today. It could snow anytime in November!
I've had mine on for two weeks....maybe I jumped the gun a little:)

Apollyon12

Just got to remember that AWD helps you go and, to some extent, turn, but it's your tires that make you stop. You can get moving and go around the corners with crappy tires, but it you can't stop, a fender bender (or worse) is in your future.

Always leave more room between you and the other dip-s**t drivers on the road.

Stein

Stein
^ That was sweet. I love the fact that he has a roof rack with freaking snowboards on his race car!

krazykarpenter

Thanks for that one. The exact reason why I bought a winter set right after I bought my LGT.

I hear ya, I run all seasons Goodyear Eagle GT's 205/55/R16. Have not run them in the winter, however heard they are fine. Anything's better then the RE92's
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
spitting snow in Camden/Rockland...tho not sticking as yet.

my folks in appleton say it is starting to cover ground out there, yaaay! (however they have a diffrent opinion on this
default_additional_iam.gif
)

krazykarpenter

it was snowing so hard in new gloucester that I it was hard to see the person in front of me. stuck to the everything but the roads
default_additional_iam.gif

Heading to portland when i hit the westbrook line almost immediately switched to all rain.

Latest posts

Back