Vote "yes" on question 5

Fozzy

heh i've never touched the stuff and don't plan on it. however, for medical purposes, i don't see a problem with it. I know too many people my age that are on the gange and they make it a lifestyle and that's always on their minds.

but that goes along with what someone said earlier. something along the lines of teens starting and making them stupid which i can see. but you guys that started at a later age probably dont have negative effects like us younger guys develop.

Stein

Stein
heh i've never touched the stuff and don't plan on it. however, for medical purposes, i don't see a problem with it. I know too many people my age that are on the gange and they make it a lifestyle and that's always on their minds.
but that goes along with what someone said earlier. something along the lines of teens starting and making them stupid which i can see. but you guys that started at a later age probably dont have negative effects like us younger guys develop.
ditto ditto ditto
default_frown.gif

except for the part about it not being as much of a problem for older folks. I'm not sure how that works.

rallyimp

I think that regulating pot is a lot harder than alcohol. Alcoholic drinks are governed, pot bought from Jimmy your dealer is not. To get a company with the balls (media and public relations crap storm), and means to produce a commercially available product isn't likely. No one will be able to buy it because of the taxes that will be put on it, I don't smoke cigs, but I know that they're pricy. In addition, what are the laws going to be about driving while under the influence...and there is an influence. Whats the limit and how do authorities tell?I can't comment on medical use, I just don't know enough about that end of the spectrum. But making it available on a commercial level, not a chance.
Marlboro has had marijuana cigarettes all ready boxed waiting for it to be legalized and available over the counter

bigsxy

for my government class we have to work 10 hours on a campaign i have split my time between yes on 5 and other question relating to excise tax but anyway yes it should be legal and Maine should vote for dispensaries because as it stands now in Maine a person with a prescription must grow there pot. i bring one question what if someone with a prescription can not do so how do they legally acquire there medicine.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
This has come up at my wife's office, she's a PA, and neither her nor any of the other docs feel it needs to be passed based on their years of medical training and experience. I'll go with them.

BluWRX02

for anyone that thinks Marijuana is bad for you please watch

The Union - The Buisness Behind Getting High

Youtube it, it has a lot of viable info and may open your mind.

Iboc_C64

I could never figure out why they call it getting high. A cigarette has more of an effect, and alcohol has even more of an effect than cigarettes. Maybe they don't want it legalized because it’s not powerful enough hurt or physically addict you like everything that’s legal does. FYI I only tried a cigarette once and I thought I was gonna die, not literally but you know what I mean, I was sick for hours. I guess the government would prefer strung out, hyper nicotine addicts and violent wife beating drunks over a bunch of relaxed, peace loving hippies. You never hear about someone getting high and committing murder or suicide do you? That is unless it came from the Regan Administration's propaganda. Too bad, it was the only bad thing to come from Regan to my knowledge. If you want to see just how far political rhetoric and propaganda can go, just watch good old "Reefer Madness". LoL, they had some crazy claims.

-----Added 10/13/2009 at 02:52:39-----

Oh and as far as driving high goes, if you can't pass a sobriety test don't drive, period! Even if its just because your sick or something. If you cant walk a straight line you should not drive a car, no matter the cause.

COSTIGAN86

If the Virginians that started farming tabacco way back when had discovered pot instead, we would not be having this discussion. Pot would be legal, and cigarettes would be illegal. Vote yes. There is really no reason it shouldn't be legal and regulated. It is not a man made drug. It is 100% natural. The state can actually make more money by taxing it than they will by fining people in possesion. Fining people is rediculous. I have never been caught with it, but they will write you up for everything than can. Possesion, possesion with intent to distribute, possesion of paraphanelia. Everything. Its bull. There are more important things that the police can be doing besides busting some guy for smoking weed. Does weed make you violent? No. Compare weed to alcohol. Which is worse? Do you puke on yourself, fall down, and wake up at a strangers house with a pounding headache and not remember a thing after getting high? Probably not. You are going to stay home, watch Family Guy, eat a box of Oreos, and fall asleep. NOT get in a fight at a bar cause some dude looked at you funny. VOTE YES!

-----Added 10/13/2009 at 05:26:55-----

Watch Marijuana Inc. Its on cnn or something like that.

Tan Man

and if any of you are out of town from where you are registered you can apply for an absentee ballot. Just comment if you need help getting an absentee ballot. voting is important to the integrity of the US haha VOTE OR DIE.
default_wink.png

diabloadsit

and if any of you are out of town from where you are registered you can apply for an absentee ballot. Just comment if you need help getting an absentee ballot. voting is important to the integrity of the US haha VOTE OR DIE.
default_wink.png
Where do I get an absentee ballot at? Town Hall?

Latest posts

Back