VOTE

ReZPunK

this is the society we live in, instead of just finding another judge to marry them (which they did) they sued this one.

as a judge he is supposed to be impartial, such is life. but if a couple of fluffs get pissed off at my neighbor who is a justice of the peace because he supports traditional marriage and decided he wouldnt marry them, and they sue him...where are his civil rights to believe what he believes?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
this is the society we live in, instead of just finding another judge to marry them (which they did) they sued this one.
as a judge he is supposed to be impartial, such is life. but if a couple of fluffs get pissed off at my neighbor who is a justice of the peace because he supports traditional marriage and decided he wouldnt marry them, and they sue him...where are his civil rights to believe what he believes?
Good points. I'm starting to feel like a minority as a man of faith these days. I'm not about to get into a theological debate, this really isn't the venue for it....however, I don't see how gay people of the same religious foundations as myself would even consider getting married with God as their witness...it just doesn't make sense based on the word. There is a fundamental difference between marriage and a civil union. A civil union is recognition by the state and nation of partnership. Marriage is making making a promise to God and your spouse to be faithful and so forth, as well as the state and national connections as a civil union.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Good points. I'm starting to feel like a minority as a man of faith these days. I'm not about to get into a theological debate, this really isn't the venue for it....however, I don't see how gay people of the same religious foundations as myself would even consider getting married with God as their witness...it just doesn't make sense based on the word. There is a fundamental difference between marriage and a civil union. A civil union is recognition by the state and nation of partnership. Marriage is making making a promise to God and your spouse to be faithful and so forth, as well as the state and national connections as a civil union.
Marriage is that to you and your church. Unfortunately the government has made that word into a recognized relationship with a number of rights and responsibilities that are not afforded to those in a civil union. granted some of these will not be afforded even if this passes due to the current stature on the federal level.

just as an example, here are a few:

1. Joint parental rights of children
  2. Joint adoption
  3. Status as "next-of-kin" for hospital visits and medical decisions
  4. Right to make a decision about the disposal of loved ones remains
  5. Immigration and residency for partners from other countries
  6. Crime victims recovery benefits
  7. Domestic violence protection orders
  8. Judicial protections and immunity
  9. Automatic inheritance in the absence of a will
  10. Public safety officers death benefits
  11. Spousal veterans benefits
  12. Social Security
  13. Medicare
  14. Joint filing of tax returns
  15. Wrongful death benefits for surviving partner and children
  16. Bereavement or sick leave to care for partner or children
  17. Child support
  18. Joint Insurance Plans
  19. Tax credits including: Child tax credit, Hope and lifetime learning credits
  20. Deferred Compensation for pension and IRAs
  21. Estate and gift tax benefits
  22. Welfare and public assistance
  23. Joint housing for elderly
  24. Credit protection
  25. Medical care for survivors and dependents of certain veterans

I understand why you stand on the side you stand, just realize it isn't as cut and dry as it seems.

Kristof

Banned
my issue is some gay people dont understand why they aren't treatedthe same. the main reason peopel are hesitant to do so is because of how in your face they can be. they preach tolerance but are themselves not tolerant. they have parades int he middle of citys im completly ridiculous outfits that i would not my kids to see gay or straight and wonder why they aren't treated equally. the problem is they cant just go about their daily lives and be gay they have to flaunt it and shove it in out face as much as possible. the same way people dont like extreme christian groups who try to force there views as the only right views on people. now i know this is a generlized stament and in no way apply's to the entire gay community this is just my observations

now as far as what you pointed out pedro i feel they should have the right o have the tax breaks and be bale to have joint insurance etc. what my issue is is that if we allow gay marriage liek stated before people who oppose it will loose their right to oppose it. somoen should be bale to not agree with it and not have to partake in it withotu being seud or called a biggit. if they want tolerance they too have to show it to peopel with opposite views

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Excellent points and I appreciate your understanding of my point of view. Last thing I will say, and this is my opinion, is that I'm looking at marriage as a pure religious act. I fully understand that there are other aspects, very important indeed, that come along with it...but being a married couple in the eyes of the highest authority trumps anything the state and federal government offers. This is why the Yes on 1 campaign states we want to "protect marriage". If those who want to get married for the 25 reasons listed above and that's all, the idea of marriage is lost.

Impreza05

I think gay people should be allowed to be just as miserable as any other married couple.
default_additional_rules.gif

K

Kati

It sickened me today when a friend who was an infamous adulterer in his marriage claimed high and Mighty, God loving that he could not Vote No on 1 because he was living through God. REALLY?!? Where was God when you were cheating on your wife night after night, gig after gig?????

I am so sick of hearing that gay marriage will be pushed on kids in schools. Look, the day it goes into effect, teachers aren't going to throw the 2 publicly known [thanks to Yes on 1] children's books on their desks and force kids to read them. The teachers are going to continue their curriculum as follows: math taught in math class, reading in reading. They can hardly afford their own teaching materials much less childrens books!

I am sad to see the results for school consolidation. They already called that one.
default_additional_rules.gif

I know many recreational smokers are rejoicing right now about 5, when they said it had nothing to do with them, yet they went out and voted.

Someone on here had said something along the lines of thinking about the people who need the medicinal marijuana, and what right it was to take an illegal substance from them. Who were we to deny "medication" from them?

Well what right is it of anyone's to tell them who they can or can not love?

What if every person who voted for medicinal marijuana was a person who needed your No vote on 1? They supported your "cause".

Kristof

Banned
It sickened me today when a friend who was an infamous adulterer in his marriage claimed high and Mighty, God loving that he could not Vote No on 1 because he was living through God. REALLY?!? Where was God when you were cheating on your wife night after night, gig after gig?????I am so sick of hearing that gay marriage will be pushed on kids in schools. Look, the day it goes into effect, teachers aren't going to throw the 2 publicly known [thanks to Yes on 1] children's books on their desks and force kids to read them. The teachers are going to continue their curriculum as follows: math taught in math class, reading in reading. They can hardly afford their own teaching materials much less childrens books!

Well what right is it of anyone's to tell them who they can or can not love?

What if every person who voted for medicinal marijuana was a person who needed your No vote on 1? They supported your "cause".
first this bill had nothign to to do with telling peopel who they can an can not love. it didnt outlaw gay relationships or lifestyles

second not everyone who is opposed to this is opposed to it because of religious reasons like me. im opposed to it because this bill would lead to people who didnt agree with gay marriage having less rights. a chaurch wich is a private establishment should be able to make decisions on who they do and dotn want to be married in their church. they shoudl be affraid they will be sued because they dont beleive the same things as a gay couple. if it passes it just wotn stop there bottom line. gay people love to push there lifestyle. they cant just live it they have to teach it and talk about it and want everyoen to agree with it or they are horrible people and that's my issue.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
The teaching gay marriage thing in school is a bunch of crap, I think that it was a wrong turn by the Yes on 1 campaign. I have taught for 4 years and the thought of "teaching" marriage, period, is no where near my curriculum. Throughout high schools, there are gay/straight alliance clubs and the student guidence offices do take on students in this area.

As far as the adulterous friend, its too bad he wants to try and hide behind a false relationship with God to make-up for his hypocracy. But the arguement of "where was God when...fill in the blank" is a hard one to make. If you want, PM me to discuss.....I said in my last post I was making my "last point"....yeah right:)

K

Kati

first this bill had nothign to to do with telling peopel who they can an can not love. it didnt outlaw gay relationships or lifestyles
As I just refreshed, I said, "Shoot, I worded that incorrectly".

second not everyone who is opposed to this is opposed to it because of religious reasons like me. im opposed to it because this bill would lead to people who didnt agree with gay marriage having less rights.
a chaurch wich is a private establishment should be able to make decisions on who they do and dotn want to be married in their church. they shoudl be affraid they will be sued because they dont beleive the same things as a gay couple. if it passes it just wotn stop there bottom line. gay people love to push there lifestyle. they cant just live it they have to teach it and talk about it and want everyoen to agree with it or they are horrible people and that's my issue.
IF every gay person was not as flamboyant as you see them, and the men drove muscle cars, and the women wore dresses and lipstick and didn't "preach" their lifestyle, and it wasn't about the church turning someone away, would you still feel the same way? People get married by Justice of the Peace(s) too.

I have met several lesbians who have NEVER once tried to get me to convert, even when they were totally plastered, have raised their children better than a heterosexual family, and still they didn't push their lifestyle on anyone.

And why are their beliefs different than ours? I figure we're one in the same, just with them wanting more out of life that many people won't allow.

People are still going to be discriminated against regardless, I saw a news report where a Justice of the Peace wouldn't marry a white woman and black man. These people didn't preach "once you go black you never go back", they simply had love in their hearts and wanted to share it with marriage, under God, which some people's Gods don't mind this.

So the same with gay couples. Some churches are all for it. So, why not allow the same sexed couple to seek out that church and allow their God to be a witness to their relationship.

Last edited:

Kristof

Banned
this sums up why i voted yes this is the exact wording from the bill

" do you want to reject the new law that lets same-sex couples marry and allows individuals and religious groups to refuse to perform these marriages?

why would i vote for a bill that takes away rights from people? had the bill said striclty that the state would allow gay marriage i wouldnt of cared. but taking away somones right to choose what they do or dont want to participate in is horrible and not constitutional. because gay couples want ot get maried it dosent mean others should loose some of their rights

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I found out at service last Sunday that some churches do support gay marriage, which makes zero sense to me. For those that do support it, they must be reading a different bible than what we read at Hope Baptist Church in Manchester.

....I'm having a hard time stopping....stupid internet!

Kristof

Banned
. Some churches are all for it. So, why not allow the same sexed couple to seek out that church and allow their God to be a witness to their relationship.
because if god forbid their dream church they wan tot marry in isn't for it then they can cry foul get a lawyer involved and bully their way in that's why

yeah a church supporting gay marriage makes no sense. would one of those churches be the one jerimiah right preaches at? lol

also god dosent make peopel with lisp's in their voice and a limp in their wrist and make men who walk like a women that's all purely choice

Impreza05

If there was a god you would have thought that he would have made everyone the same so this wouldn't happen.

K

Kati

the bills wording was completely assinine.

I'm gonna have to reread everything in the morning, as I am posting with a weird high temp and don't feel too great.

Latest posts

Back