VOTE

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
If there was a god you would have thought that he would have made everyone the same so this wouldn't happen- Impreza05

Nope, that the exact opposite of what God is all about. He gave us free will, to love him and one another on our own because then and only then it will be genuine. Without free will, you're right, we would all be the same...but you wouldn't do that to your children, would you?

Welcome to mainelysubarus/votingday/religionwithmike.com!

Its not a real link, don't click it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Impreza05

I can't really grasp the whole love everyone as long as they are not gay or whatever. I don't believe and never have. I am glad for you that you do, I find it hard to believe in something that would allow children to get cancer and many other things.

I like you Mike so I am going to leave it there so I don't offend you.
default_additional_rules.gif

K

Kati

Hope you don't have the H1N1, be careful it's supposed to have a high temp.
haha, no I think it's a girly thing. It's a lowgrade fever to me: 99.1

I am usually 96.3- 98.2

(sorry to hijack!)

Last edited:

Kristof

Banned
if i understand him correctly not wantign gay marriage and lovign a gay person are two totally different ideas and peopel keep grouping them together. peopel try to say if u r agaisn gay marriage then you hate gay people and that's not true. you can not want gay marriage and still feel gay people are just liek the rest of us

K

Kati

you just make gay people sound like they have horns growing out of their heads with pink boas and gray mullets.

We are all the same, we all think, love, dream, have feelings, emotion, etc.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I can't really grasp the whole love everyone as long as they are not gay or whatever. I don't believe and never have. I am glad for you that you do, I find it hard to believe in something that would allow children to get cancer and many other things.I like you Mike so I am going to leave it there so I don't offend you.
Ha, no offense and I understand your point of view. For real though, last thing...Christains love all, we just don't agree with the sin..."Love the sinner, hate the sin". God works in strange ways, cancer in children and other events that seem unfair stink and I don't know why God would choose to do this, but he has a reason for everything that happens. Thanks Adam for your thoughts and beliefs though...now what about that group ride??
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Kristof

Banned
you just make gay people sound like they have horns growing out of their heads with pink boas and gray mullets. We are all the same, we all think, love, dream, have feelings, emotion, etc.
and i encourage them to to keep thinking loving dreaming and having feelings but i dont encourage them to be bale to tell a private group they must agree with their views or possibly be brought to court

-----Added 11/3/2009 at 11:50:24-----

on a side not its sad that tabor didnt pass. obviously the peopel in power now dont know how to budget and god forbid the taxpayer actually has a say on how his tax money is spent. peopel complain about how maine is doing downward then vote agaisnt a bill that would help them control the outcome

K

Kati

thank you for all of your comments, opinions, ect tonight.

Kristof, I was wondering (and I'm sure you've been asked this before), do you type awfully fast?
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I agree with Kati, its good that we can debate this stuff like adults. These are no doubt challenging topics, but I think that everyone made good points and did so respectfully. We should form a mainely subarus debate team!!!

K

Kati

We should form a mainely subarus debate team!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thank you though.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
and i encourage them to to keep thinking loving dreaming and having feelings but i dont encourage them to be bale to tell a private group they must agree with their views or possibly be brought to court

-----Added 11/3/2009 at 11:50:24-----

on a side not its sad that tabor didnt pass. obviously the peopel in power now dont know how to budget and god forbid the taxpayer actually has a say on how his tax money is spent. peopel complain about how maine is doing downward then vote agaisnt a bill that would help them control the outcome
Don't forget that the churches refuse to marry people all the time. depends on the church and your relationship. I know my cousin was refused by his church because he and his Fiancee were living together before marriage. I even had to be vetted by a church when I got married. they could have easily refused me too as I wasn't a member of their congregation.

and remember, anyone can sue anybody for anything. Even if it is not a legal standing and they will lose, it ties it up in court for a while and costs money.

And on the not understanding how a church can support gay mairrage: Not all churches read from the New King James Bible.

and I don't really want to wind all the way back for this issue, but what about separation of church and state? Why can the state not recognize these relationships without the church getting involved?

ok it's early have to shower or be late for work.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Well, it turns out I'm not in the minority. My wife and I are very happy with the way things turned out last night.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Well I am glad the State of Maine set a record for the amount of voters that turned out for a non Fed, State only vote.

Not everything went the way I voted and that`s all right. The important thing is we have a non corrupt vote that lets the people express their beliefs with the power of the vote.

As a disclosure up front I am for small government, self rule and as long as my neighbor does no harm to me and vice versa we all should be left alone in our pursuit of happiness. You have the right to believe in anything just don`t force your beliefs on me because I am not going to force my beliefs on you.

My belief on gay rights marriage is:

The definition of marriage is the joining of one man and one women PERIOD. This has been accepted for thousands of years. I believe gay couples should have all the civil benefits and liabilities as any married man and women, just call it another name and I would vote for that in a split second. They should not have the power to change the very definition of Marriage.

On school Consolidation:

As a member of the Acton School Consolidation Committee we were forced to sit down with other towns to put together a plan for Consolidation otherwise the State was going to take away 50% of the monies they give us each year as a penalty. All our meetings had a State Consolidation Facilitator observing us. We did our due diligence and went through the process a number of times and thankfully the towns people voted against Consolidation. We were hoping for the overthrow of this bill that was originaly past in the middle of the night. I am sure the government feels impowered by the defeat of the overturn and time will tell what this will mean to Acton.

Nate

Founding Father
As a disclosure up front I am for small government, self rule and as long as my neighbor does no harm to me and vice versa we all should be left alone in our pursuit of happiness. You have the right to believe in anything just don`t force your beliefs on me because I am not going to force my beliefs on you.

The definition of marriage is the joining of one man and one women PERIOD. This has been accepted for thousands of years. I believe gay couples should have all the civil benefits and liabilities as any married man and women, just call it another name and I would vote for that in a split second. They should not have the power to change the very definition of Marriage.
Well put sir.

Kristof

Banned
yes kati i type way to fast especially when in a heated debate with no care abotu my spelling lol sorry!!.

and i agree pedro i was goign to bring up the seperation of church and state today. the queastion should of had nothign to do with religious groups and what they can or canot do. they cant possibly say hey cant pray in school you cant have nativity scenes out at christmas and oh yeah now you have to marry gay couples like it or not.

wzrd

Well I am glad the State of Maine set a record for the amount of voters that turned out for a non Fed, State only vote.
Not everything went the way I voted and that`s all right. The important thing is we have a non corrupt vote that lets the people express their beliefs with the power of the vote.

On school Consolidation:

As a member of the Acton School Consolidation Committee we were forced to sit down with other towns to put together a plan for Consolidation otherwise the State was going to take away 50% of the monies they give us each year as a penalty. All our meetings had a State Consolidation Facilitator observing us. We did our due diligence and went through the process a number of times and thankfully the towns people voted against Consolidation. We were hoping for the overthrow of this bill that was originaly past in the middle of the night. I am sure the government feels impowered by the defeat of the overturn and time will tell what this will mean to Acton.
Your point of veiw was expressed well rob.;)good for you being on the school committee,if everyone would volenteer a few minutes of time ,imagine what WE can do
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back