Windham is 2 days away!!

ruggedman

DS wrx > STX wrx how so? Raw time? Or fun factor.

In past national championship events, STX rexes have destroyed DS wrx's by 2-3 seconds per run. Even if the 06/07 model WRX is a bad man, and certainly faster then the previous generation, I dont think it can eclipse 3 seconds in an autocross environment. Comparing full prep DS wrx to full prep STX wrx of course. IMHO.

Fun factor side, STX wrx wins hands down. R compounds are cool, but for the driver, a machine on azenis/neovas/or re O1-r's with properly setup suspension is much more fun.

PS IMHO.
default_smile.png
Raw times...the only thing that you can really do in addition to stock from street is add springs, RSB, and bushings. I'd generally think rcompounds get you more time than that stuff....maybe not. I'd expect antonio and i to be pretty similar timewise to me...if he ever beat me by 3 seconds i'd have to drive worse than sunday....and that doesn't happen much!

You cant change the boost levels in ST classes so that really limits your fun with a car like this. Since a DP and catback don't really do too much without it.

ruggedman

are you really arguing against nationals results? ^^
Well they're pretty irrelevent in my discussion of two locally competing cars. I dont pay attention to nationals, i dont know anything about that crap. I'm not going to use the results of people/cars i dont know, maybe at the national level STX WRXs are faster, but here everyone I've talked to seems to think I should beat the STX WRX. :
default_smile.png
???

I dont know.

johnny6speed

Raw times...the only thing that you can really do in addition to stock from street is add springs, RSB, and bushings. I'd generally think rcompounds get you more time than that stuff....maybe not. I'd expect antonio and i to be pretty similar timewise to me...if he ever beat me by 3 seconds i'd have to drive worse than sunday....and that doesn't happen much!

You cant change the boost levels in ST classes so that really limits your fun with a car like this. Since a DP and catback don't really do too much without it.
????? Agent Smith you need to read up on your class rules. In power regards, STX 2.0 rexes are making a little bit more power then you are with no boost changes. Just 1 Cat needed and lots of tuning, also you can run 100 oct. Header, intake, DP, catback. etc.etc.

In ANY ST class you can even have remote res. Ohilns, Penske's, and Indy car spec Koni 28's the most awesome-factor shocks/struts money can buy. Much lower ride height and stiffer springs/bars/shock valving. Along with 235/245 Yokohama Advan Neova's + Zeeners + RE-01R's.

Camber plates with camber/caster adjustability allow you to have -3.0 or more neg camber. Then with caster changes and toe out will allow you to dial in some more ackerman effect too.

All the suspension/handling modifications mean in the end the car is going to in order of importance: transition/slalom/turn in/corner exit/acceleration.

There has not been a full prep 06/07 DS WRX on the national scene yet. It will be a tough task even with custom Koni DA's, lightweight wheels/275's/catback light exhaust and stock weight removal stuffs to gain 3 seconds on a top STX car.

In the end, this is good bench racing. And I think this year between you Agent Smith and Mr. Boots it will be an interesting battle.
default_smile.png

inski

Jim I think I saw your wife watching, she was in the Versa on the North side of Hannafords?

And I saw one of Pete's runs and RSgrrl about to run. Sorry I could not hang out more. I had to get to the florist.

ruggedman

In the end, this is good bench racing. And I think this year between you Agent Smith and Mr. Boots it will be an interesting battle.
default_smile.png
It always was before too ;D Mikey will make STX interesting too I think when he's on. His times at storyland were pretty similar to mine both days. But he and I both had forgettable events this weekend. :
default_smile.png

I hadn't considered all that crazy stuff people can do at the ST level with all the money in the world. And no i agree even with the bigger motor, and the other little tweaks here and there that they gave the '06's there's still not enough in there to make up that 3 second difference.

ruggedman

sounds like you have been talking to the wrong people.
Perhaps.

Speaking of which are you going to get some konis for that miata!!? I thought you were going to flip onto your roof in the stop box
default_smile.png
;D

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
sounds like you have been talking to the wrong people.
Perhaps.

Speaking of which are you going to get some konis for that miata!!? I thought you were going to flip onto your roof in the stop box
default_smile.png
;D
not this season. I believe over the winter it will happen.. maybe not the Koni's. possibly Spax RSX coilovers and some upgraded front springs from eibach.

that is unless I can sell the WRX this summer.. then it will be koni's
default_smile.png

prez25rs

Yeah.. pres.. you need to keep the current ones for rain.. and get some Azenis or some Potenza 01R's for the dry.. that will help a lot...
I'll just stick with my 451's and pray for rain every weekend
default_smile.png
Hmmm although i DO have some light 16s sitting at home that i could put to use.

I probably should get an alignment though, the last time i did that was when i put in my struts and springs. And its stock

ralli

Alright.. just to put this to rest, hands down, an STX WRX should destroy a DS WRX in raw time, it would be closer if the DS WRX is an 06/07 but, fully prepared.. will take the bacon.

However, in the current situation, my wrx is hardly prepared, I'm probably running similar numbers to the 06 wrx, and haven't even really started on the suspension or a fully fledged race tune (I have one that is not optimised for my car and maybe someday I'll do an e85 race map..). SO, that being said, Andy should be beating me....

But, once I get my suspension sorted out, watch out Andy, I could be a long road ;D

katnip

the car is black. I swear
can I just say all this about which class is fastest, what you can do and can't do in a class is why I don't AX. The politics are a little thick.

flame away, but that is my 2 pennies

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
can I just say all this about which class is fastest, what you can do and can't do in a class is why I don't AX. The politics are a little thick.

it is more like take a specific car, then how fast can you make it in the different classes that it falls into.

ruggedman

I'm probably running similar numbers to the 06 wrx
I cant imagine this is possible without boost changes. 240lb-ft at the wheels
default_frown.gif
!? I dont think a 2.0 will do that with i/h/e...that doesn't really get you much on a wrx what what i've seen, maybe a couple 10-15 hp...but not that much torque. As far as results we'll see where we are in the end...the smacktalk is pretty pointless this early in the game. As you get more STX prepped you'll probably start stomping me soundly...but if i get frustrated enough i'll do konis also.

Shockey WRX 2 O0

Boots WRX 1 >
default_frown.gif

katnip

the car is black. I swear

it is more like take a specific car, then how fast can you make it in the different classes that it falls into.
true, but there are too many classes! AX is like any kind of racing, ultimately it comes down to the driver. My RS is fast, but you can't prove it by my times. Al has driven my car and kicked everybodies butts with it. STi's included at rallycrosses. Look at Art Chabot in that VR4, that car is not modded at all, rally tires only, he runs it in 4 mod and wins every single time. He is smooth.

It always seems, in every AX club, there is bickering and complaining about whether or not that car should be in "X" class or a not. Folks are questioning others times, there are complaints lodged. I guess it seems a little too much like circle track racing to me! I think AX would be a ton of fun to do (hell I have a set of azenias (sp) and rims waiting to be abused) , I just see is taken too seriously and that takes the fun out of it!

But I guess my biggest point is, that a bone stock car can beat it's highly modded equivalent with the right driver behind the wheel! ;D

k

ruggedman

I think AX would be a ton of fun to do (hell I have a set of azenias (sp) and rims waiting to be abused) , I just see is taken too seriously and that takes the fun out of it!
But I guess my biggest point is, that a bone stock car can beat it's highly modded equivalent

Latest posts

Back