wtf happened around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

A favor isn't "me being here", a favor is being able to borrow my car, there's a subtle difference, I think.
default_biggrin.png
Dibs
default_smile.png

Evan

redline,

I have an issue with a one part of your post:

"how much money you piss away modding it"

That can be applied to any purchase that someone else makes. Did you piss money away when you got that camera, started the vinyl business etc. etc

Did I piss money away when I bought that KLR? No matter the enjoyment one gets from something, there will always be someone who looks at that purchase as "pissing money away".

If someone wants to put a lot of money into their car, and that makes them happy, who are we to judge? It's the flaunting of the $$$ that is out of place, however. (not saying anyone did that, just making a statement)
i think it is pissing away some of your money when you buy overpriced parts and pay people who dont know what they're doing to install them. but otherwise, if spending that money floats your boat, go for it. some people only talk about how much money they have in their project (custom chopper guys especially), and if buying overpriced parts inflates that number higher, that might be just what they want. ;D

I said nothing negative to him in that thread and have infact met bill on few times and loved his car. why dont you reread it. I was just saying to part it cause the price was high (most modded sti's dont sell) (and i knew that was fine to say cuz no one on stm was gonna buy it). If i hadnt just bought my car i would have grabbed that in a second.
you're reply (post #4) is rude enough that its actually against the rules in the nasioc classifieds. you may have had good intentions, but i think that is what a lot of people on here had against you for a while. good intentions but a crass follow-through.

SHHH Evan we do not speak of parting that car out. It makes the baby Jesus cry.
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png
:)

oh, not to mention burnin' 4's sti. i'm sure there are more builds than i (or stixxx) know about or can think of, but that wansnt my point....

Oh,and the use of italics is common, usually to enunciate a point.
dude, to enunciate is to pronounce clearly, as in articulate. maybe the word assert would be better? elucidate? epitomize? well i'm sure you know what i mean, you did go to college after all (although apparently a shitty one if you never used your mind).... :
default_smile.png
default_biggrin.png
nobody cares if you know diction, it doesn't make you smart....

i think a lot of what this thread has turned into (STM vs stixxx) is an interesting obiter dictum (OMG BIG WORDS!) on stixxx's mindset on the board. as internal combust said: this thread wasnt started about you, but it has turned into one about you largely due to your own input.

Blue GT

I could care less about this entire thread but after that post (and a number of others including your interests) i feel compelled to meet this "evan" character.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
http://www.subarutunersofmaine.com/forum/index.php?topic=6030.0

you will notice that in the beginning of his thread, he listed his cars and the mods.... there are 3 or 4 positive replies, then a smart ass comment about some stickers, and then another about altezzas, and it went downhill from there.

if your new, come onto a forum, and get shit on for some stickers on your obviously not ricey car, i would get pissed and slam back, i dont know about you guys.

point is, dont give the shit out if your not prepaired to get shit in return.

???

stiXXX

WOW this is comical.
You're right, I've found it amusing from the get-go.

I'm building a clean STi,and you'd think it'd be interesting, but nooooo...

Instead, you get this.

And as to this thread "not being about me", you're right, it didn't start that way, but the commentary in posts following the first was too pointed to take any other way. In fact, you'd have to be thick to miss what was said-so, I commented.

Some of you have tunnel vision, try reading fully before commenting.

I've been on BBS systems (galore) for closing on a decade, and I've dealt with more than my fair share of wankers over that time period.

Being a "respected member" by some doesn't make it so for all, and I'd like to thank the nice people that shot me PMs apologizing for the minority that are acting like tools.

Hell, if you can't hate on the car build, hate on my spelling, or my typing, or my diction. Too funny, rilly.

It seems that some can give it, but when it comes to getting it, they're somehow "above that". Get a grip, that's not how it works.
default_smile.png

I personally don't buy anything less than the finest parts obtainable.

One might ask, "Why get a Cusco LSD for $1200 if you can get an EBay model for $350?"

I shouldn't have to answer that question, should I?
default_smile.png

As to Integral, why bother?

patsti

NitrousFed
I said nothing negative to him in that thread and have infact met bill on few times and loved his car. why dont you reread it. I was just saying to part it cause the price was high (most modded sti's dont sell) (and i knew that was fine to say cuz no one on stm was gonna buy it). If i hadnt just bought my car i would have grabbed that in a second.
you're reply (post #4) is rude enough that its actually against the rules in the nasioc classifieds. you may have had good intentions, but i think that is what a lot of people on here had against you for a while. good intentions but a crass follow-through.
If you read posts 4 and 5 you will see i was giving him examples of what they go for and telling him why... I didnt notice anyone on here having anthing against me for that post... honestly I dont mind it... I painted my g35's rims hot pink today!

04-05-08_1509.jpg

stiXXX

*****Drops off a basket of bran muffins for certain conSTIpated members and heads off on a drive*****

Niiiiice,Pat, single-handedly revive Hot Pink!!

Evil Jeff

Ok, this thread is getting out of control. So, to anyone who has or is thinking about posting in this thread, heed my advice...

COOL IT!

Otherwise, be prepared to deal with the repercussions you've earned.

patsti

NitrousFed
*****Drops off a basket of bran muffins for certain conSTIpated members and heads off on a drive*****

Niiiiice,Pat, single-handedly revive Hot Pink!!
I rocked them for the day but really decided they where too hot pink for me. They are now back to black. it was funny seeing people stairing at the car being like wtf.

Hope this was ok to post seeing as how it was just about my wheels. I would like to see everyone at stm bring some pink back. we are painting my friends sr20 240sx hot pink tomorrow (the whole car).

stiXXX

It's not over till' the fat lady sings.
default_smile.png

All hot pink?

Are you painting another S2000 for "Too Fast,More Furious-er, Part III"??

stiXXX

Anyone who owns an SVX should be banned from this gay LOVING forum. Come to think of it, anyone who owns an SVX should be dead. My time here is done, for those of you that I like (Cape Six, Evan, Internal Combust, Ditch Bound, Gravel KId, etc.) , keep on attacking the Nurburgring and Akinafagstar, May the rest of you die in a fiery car cash...late.
It's either a kidney stone, or he took my advice and ate that bran muffin.
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back