wtf happened around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

internalcombust

We used to have a saying in the old umaine automotive folder, Andy can recall i'm sure "don't like it? Click the small black x on the upper right hand side of the screen"
Already thought of that, did it most of the winter. Thanks though, don't you have some lights to try out? JK ;D

Evan

pat i know plenty of people older than me that i would still consider a 'kid'. if you're 30 and still have no more fiscal or life responsibilities than an 18yr old, and still have a similar job to when you were 18, whos to say that person has actually become an adult? not to mention those same people are usually the ones that are ethuggin', ehatin', bench racin' etc....

Car Whore

Rick Roll muthafuckaaaaas..........
Jeff, you can't tell them beforehand...that's Rick Roll Rule #1...it ruins it <<<<<<<LOOK...A PALANDROME!!!!!!! COOL!!!!

mikebike357

E-Thugs n' Harmony...

6581_lg.jpg

240sx gt-s

This is why I LOVE STM. The random off topicness. The "no care attitude"(with the exception of this "hatin" topic) . I may be a sooby newbie, but I've actually been lurking for years. I remember when Patsti was the new comer, e-thugin, balling, sti beatin, mofo'er from the south (of maine). (suppose he still is in ways) Some threads got nasty in those days (suppose they still do on rare occasion). But we got through it, and i believe most of us would be slightly sad if his stories and projects cease to exist.

And BlueGT, I'm still on 240sxone... and I feel that it has sorta sucked for a sorta long time... Its like the majority of the members have "e-muscles" and will talk trash and lies all day long... and don't even own a 240sx. But its still has some good people keeping it real. Well, as real as driftin', blingin', fart can wearin', 240sx owning people can
default_redface.gif
I mean come on, when the forums own founder is crapping on people for loving nissans (or just crapping on members), how can you really love the forum?
default_smile.png

I still think STM is the best forum I am part of. Great people you can actually hang out with.

One more thing! I think that the biggest part of what keeps this forum so down to earth and no non sense is that we do a monthly meet and we meet up at all the racing events that lots of people on here take part in. That way we can put a name to the face. And I think people are more likely to be genuine and have less to prove/brag about/e-thug with someone they have actually met.

inski

One more thing! I think that the biggest part of what keeps this forum so down to earth and no non sense is that we do a monthly meet and we meet up at all the racing events that lots of people on here take part in. That way we can put a name to the face. And I think people are more likely to be genuine and have less to prove/brag about/e-thug with someone they have actually met.
Very good point. 8)

Blue GT

^ i still need to make it to one of these "meets" you guys keep talking about.

I actually just went on 240sxone again today and i completely agree that place sucks. Drifting ruined it, thank god no one drifts a awd wrx or this place would be chalk full o' fanboys just like there

EvilAsPie

Very good point. 8)
It is def easier to understand someones "tone" online once you have met them in person. I've been super busy later with work and cars, but look forward to seeing people as autoxes and some meets. "Christine" has been running better lately and i look forward to showering her off.

I also would love to organize a southern group drive this summer. So far myself and my wife have done these the past couple of years and have had a great time driving and meeting people.

I say grow on STM!!!

Impreza05

Back in the day there used to be orange groves as far as the eye could see. Premium cost a nickel, WRX's had bug eyes and SWRT actually won rallies!

You damn kids and your ipods and interweb. >
default_redface.gif
Stands on front porch and shakes fist! ;D

stiXXX

This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in a loooong time!

The visual I get from this is some old guy with no teeth eating a spoonful of alum.

Seriously,some of youse' could use a ritalin,a xanax,or perhaps some laxative-try a bran muffin,I hear they work.

I popped in here,posted a list of 'mods,and a few pictures,and all hell breaks loose,as it seems that people are mystified that someone in Maine would actually spend money modifying a car with non-EBay parts.

And your hilarious term,"E-thugging"?

That's a riot!

As in: "Holy sheepshit,grandpa,get yer' gun!

It's those damn crazy-ass e-thugs,again!"

kind of "e-thugs"??
default_redface.gif
default_smile.png

Well,I'm forty years old & I work hard to pay for my toys,

and I don't suffer dipshitism gladly,whether I'm new at a 'board,or not.

It might not endear me to everybody,but c'est la vie.

Funny,I've never caught any shit at IWSTI or ClubWRX,and those BBS' are huge compared to STM.

I suppose if I'd come in with something a bit less fast,and no budget,it wouldn't have caused a ripple,but to have an STi,and a decent budget just rubs some folks the wrong way. That's filed under their problem,not mine.

You'd be surprised how many PMs I've got here and at IWSTI saying, "Ignore those (assorted fill in the blank) whiners at STM,they wish they weren't driving wagons."

Again,see file marked: Not My Problem.

I like discussing cars,not being "told" where I went "wrong" by "resident experts" & backyard mechanics.

When I see build sheets like what I've taken on (and achieved) since September, well,I'll be real impressed,but I haven't seen anything that compares,hereabouts, quite yet. If that's cocky,well,this build's not been a picnic,and I'm pretty damn happy with what's been achieved in a relatively short amount of time,and didn't come here looking to get shit on for it. I don't roll over for anybody,online or off.

There,now you have some clarity,and btw,I use italics so people clearly understand my intent.

If having nice cars and liking them is a crime,I'm guilty,sue me.

patsti

NitrousFed
This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in a loooong time!

The visual I get from this is some old guy with no teeth eating a spoonful of alum.

Seriously,some of youse' could use a ritalin,a xanax,or perhaps some laxative-try a bran muffin,I hear they work.

I popped in here,posted a list of 'mods,and a few pictures,and all hell breaks loose,as it seems that people are mystified that someone in Maine would actually spend money modifying a car with non-EBay parts.

That's a riot!

As in: "Holy sheepshit,grandpa,get yer' gun!

It's those damn crazy-ass e-thugs,again!"

kind of "e-thugs"??
default_biggrin.png
:D

Well,I'm forty years old & I work hard to pay for my toys,

and I don't suffer dipshitism gladly,whether I'm new at a 'board,or not.

It might not endear me to everybody,but c'est la vie.

Funny,I've never caught any shit at IWSTI or ClubWRX,and those BBS' are huge compared to STM.

I suppose if I'd come in with something a bit less fast,and no budget,it wouldn't have caused a ripple,but to have an STi,and a decent budget just rubs some folks the wrong way. That's filed under their problem,not mine.

You'd be surprised how many PMs I've got here and at IWSTI saying, "Ignore those (assorted fill in the blank) whiners at STM,they wish they weren't driving wagons."

Again,see file marked: Not My Problem.

I like discussing cars,not being "told" where I went "wrong" by "resident experts" & backyard mechanics.

When I see build sheets like what I've taken on (and achieved) since September, well,I'll be real impressed,but I haven't seen anything that compares,hereabouts, quite yet. If that's cocky,well,this build's not been a picnic,and I'm pretty damn happy with what's been achieved in a relatively short amount of time,and didn't come here looking to get shit on for it. I don't roll over for anybody,online or off.

There,now you have some clarity,and btw,I use italics so people clearly understand my intent.

If having nice cars and liking them is a crime,I'm guilty,sue me.
I got the same reaction when I joined and had plans to build a fast sti. Dont worry you are part of the DICK HEAD STI OWNERS THAT IAM, VTEC YO AND MANY OTHERS ARE.

we are dicks because we modded semi ( well not really) expensive cars (if you consider 30k a lot of money which it isn't).

I like most of the members and yes most give me shit and I just give it back... Its a love hate thing. GO TO A MEET AND YOu CAN SIT AND HAVE A BEER and some shitty food and HAVE A GOOD TIME>

patsti

NitrousFed
pat i know plenty of people older than me that i would still consider a 'kid'. if you're 30 and still have no more fiscal or life responsibilities than an 18yr old, and still have a similar job to when you were 18, whos to say that person has actually become an adult? not to mention those same people are usually the ones that are ethuggin', ehatin', bench racin' etc....
umm that's the stupidest thing ever, really... 18 you are an adult...

by this logic a 60 year old man who works at the same gas station he did when he was 18 is a kid in your eyes.

patsti

NitrousFed
I remember when Patsti was the new comer, e-thugin, balling, sti beatin, mofo'er from the south (of maine). (suppose he still is in ways) Some threads got nasty in those days (suppose they still do on rare occasion). But we got through it, and i believe most of us would be slightly sad if his stories and projects cease to exist.
since when did I ethugg yo? I am tho well known as an sti beater (I did kill mine pretty damn dead)

I will always have stories

stiXXX

With an STi build,it's the journey AND the destination.

As to being hated on,I can probably make most of the whiners cry,so no worries,there.
default_biggrin.png

Meyagi

I'm a hack
With an STi build,it's the journey AND the destination.

As to being hated on,I can probably make most of the whiners cry,so no worries,there.
default_biggrin.png
your a dick, i hate you. your sti is fast, and my leg wagon is slow. you suck man, i wish i had a fast car..... >
default_biggrin.png

i get the same shit on the accord forum, cause i am one of few members that didnt put a fart can and an intake, and some nozzz on my car and claim it was fast, or buy everything JDM ever made for it.... i could give two shits what they think. i worked hard to build my accord, and i didnt build it to "impress" a bunch of posers on the internet. i built it for me, to drive, and enjoy.

Evan

umm that's the stupidest thing ever, really... 18 you are an adult...

by this logic a 60 year old man who works at the same gas station he did when he was 18 is a kid in your eyes.
never heard the phrase 'he never grew up'?

Evan

When I see build sheets like what I've taken on (and achieved) since September, well,I'll be real impressed,but I haven't seen anything that compares,hereabouts, quite yet.
someone else that has done it right? well, i'd MUCH rather have had trevor723's gt30'd sti just before he parted it than yours as it stands, or bills cosworth gt35'd 07 sti. that thing was AMAZING, and a sleeper aside from the black tails.

you may want to check out this thread to bills car: http://xsorbit27.com/users5/subarutunersofmaine/index.php?topic=5152

bill's a nice guy with a family, a nice house, a nice budget and a passion for cars. aside from a little miscommunication and a couple of posts from patsti in that thread, everyone was nice to him and offered advice and admiration. i'm almost positive that ALL of the few posts he made were threads about what he had just payed someone to modify on his car, and threads selling parts from his car. almost exactly like you. i'd be willing to make the blanket statement that nobody has beef will bill, but something you have done on the other hand has created the opposite effect.

(i have no particular affiliation with bill aside from meeting him once when i bought a part from him, but his involvement on the board is similar to stixxx's).

honestly, i think it was as sense of arrogance you brought that has itched most people the wrong way. stm'ers generally dont think of themselves as higher than any other member (unlike say, nasioc where you'll get flamed for talking back to a anyone with a lower member number than you). STM is STM, we're not IWSTI or Clubwrx, just because you can get accepted there doesn't mean you can bring the same attitude here, just as someone from OT on NASIOC would last about 3 minutes here before everyone on the board hated him.

i like STM for the fact that our top members (by stats) drive a pretty even ratio of GC's, WRX's and STI's (and even a forester! :)). other well respected members drive anything from justy's to built sti's, early 90's legacys to 08 GT's, and everyone respects everyone else equally.

...and i'm aalllllmost positive stm didnt invent the word e-thuggin, but whatevs.....

RedForester08

All I have to say is I met Greg (STI XXX) he was nice, His car was really well built. He complimented my new Forester. We talked car. And he was really polite to me and my son who also liked his car. It is really put together nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back