05-07 LGT grill karma

Blue GT

ok ok ok so after having the grille for eternity and forgetting about it while i (ahem, my fiance) planned my wedding, my DIY grille is COMPLETE!

Pics to follow and dropping my old OEM grille off to Nate tomorrow or this weekend. Somebody else has got to be next!

Nate

Founding Father
see you later on today dallas!

and im not 100% sure. but i think this is screaming to go to inski for his wifes leggy.

Blue GT

pics of my handy work (lol)

Headonnolights.jpg

DallasCar004.jpg

And i purchased a new knob by Nate while i was at it!

Thanks again and lets get the next one rolling!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue GT

thanks and thanks to Nate, i really feel like this is the grille the GT should have come with first.

chappy

Alright, Im in. I need to order the grill guy kit and maybe a new Suby emblem.

Blue, you wanna do it for me? I'll pay
default_additional_sillylol.gif
I have no idea what Im doing....

Nate

Founding Father
i can help you..... last time i talked to blue he said he had a whole bunch of mesh left over that he might be looking to get rid of.

Blue GT

Correct i have tons of leftover mesh that is FREE to anybody who wants it. As far as "doing it" goes, you can piece together how long it took me to do mine, i'm not sure anybody else wants to wait 4 months for theirs..........

I'm more than willing to help with the day you plan to fill the holes, for free just give me a heads up. The other part is pretty easy, its just cutting everything out and sanding.

chappy

Im going to take a better look at the grille and see what I will need to do. doesn't seem like that tough of a job.

Berttmann

What are you guys using/doing to secure the mesh grill?? I'm tempted to do this. $200 is a lot for a new grill. Your DIY ones looks slick! Def. good work fellas

Nate

Founding Father
I secured it to the back with JB weld. That crap holds like a mother. 3 different globs on the bottom and 3 on the top. The grill material is really light. Once secured, start painting.

Come get this grill out of garage for a bit. Then ill take your old one.

Blue GT

^I used the same body filler to secure the mesh as i used to fill the holes. Overall a fairly easy project just takes a little time. The grill is roughly 1,000,000 times better than stock! I finally repainted mine the other weekend, still not perfect but MUCH better.

Nate

Founding Father
I cant seem to get this thing out of my garage. I might just make a new grill in my free time and sell it.

Latest posts

Back