06 M3 Competition Package

Lawdawg

Dont know if you realize this but the 04-07 sti are almost the same in every aspect. The only diffrence is that in 2004 the radio was an option then after it wasn't. Of course the slight body change which was just the front bumper and that's about it. Besides that the cars are almost the same. Hell even the 2005 had 114x5 rims, just like the 06-07.

I feel the change was in 2008 and up when the STI as a weekend racer went to crap. I will agree with you there. I mean heated leather seats? Come on not in a balls tango weekend racer. It just sucks because Subaru is trying to please the older crowd that what to see this stuff. So the age grouple was around the mid 20s to low 30's for the STI ownership now it has shifted from that to Low 30's to late 30's low 40's.
Not quite correct. From 04 to 05 the hubs and track are different, hence the change to 114x5 wheels. From 05 to 06 the tranny is different with longer 2 and 3rd for gas mileage. I prefer the shorter tranny even though it is two shifts to 60mph in an 05 and only one in later model STis. The center diff is different from 06 on as well, with both electro and mechanical as opposed to just electro (which is why it is easier to do a handbrake turn in an 04 or 05). You also lose some of the aluminum bits as the years go by, for example, the hood, roof, and A arms, thus, you gain weight. The difference in driving characteristics from an 05 to an 07 is incredible.

Back on topic. Sweet M3. Similar color to my new rig. GLWS.

stiXXX

^^what he said^^
default_tongue.png

Also, I believe in '05 they added a yaw sensor not on the '04.

There's actually a LOT of tech changes, for the better, in 2005 vs. 2004-as usual in "2nd model year" vehicles.

XXX

Latest posts

Back