07 Legacy 2.5i UELs??

iBChunkyboy

i am having trouble finding some direct fit UEL headers for my 07 legacy 2.5i, i had an axle back made up and now looking for headers, anybody know where to get one? links? 

i've heard of rallisport ones, but not sure if they bolt right on. thanks!!

SUBARUDE

A few on here have made their own out of a wrx manifold I-wagon,Jamey,cwiggins and a few others

Last edited by a moderator:

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
still doing some research on the pzev engine and reactions to the uel if any for cwiggin's waiting for warmer weather for fabrication/modding of a wrx header if nothing negative is found for the newer engines  

Jamey

U can use wrx header you just need modifie it you lose your 1st cat need relocate 02 bungs it's easy just finding someone to do it . And it's worth it for that rumble

i-wagon

I built mine, jameys and one other guy, can't remember username. No 2 end up the same, need to find somebody to weld cast iron. Pretty much just need Rex or foz xt header, cherry bomb makes the flange (O'Reilly has) and 2 o2 bungs and gaskets. You don't *need* the wire extender if you separate the wire from the harness by the fuel rail. I had almost 4 hours in to each, mostly trying to get everything to fit well without having to weld in huge voids. Pita to build, but rumble is amazing. There is one company that makes them for around 450, and there is a member here that builds custom headers. It isn't cheap no matter what, or easy

Jamey

The member that is on here don't think is anymore I messaged him few times never a response

i-wagon

Carbon fiber wrapped hood on a sedan. I remember that much. I never heard of him having any issues. You're only problem was a spot I missed on the bung right?

Jamey

Yah I was leaking at bung if you mean me Craig had a legacy he has a dipped hood trunk roof now

i-wagon

The one I worked on was a 2.5i sedan, unless he got something different. And that bung is a pita to get at from a creeper. In regards to OP, if you can come up with the materials listed and find a welding shop or exhaust shop to do the work your total should be under or around $300 depending on their labor rate and whether you wrap them or not. If money wasn't an issue I would've just bought the rallisport ones. Message that guy on here in the vendor section, think it's panops something. I won't touch another retrofit for under 200, I just end up with way to much time in them to make it worth it

iBChunkyboy

im just looking to give someone money and have them installed/built whatever needs to be done. panops hasnt been active in a while

iBChunkyboy

I just got a pm from him . Pm him
i sent him a message!
default_biggrin.png

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
digging into the research a bit more on the pzev seems it has 5 o2 sensors rather than the normal 3 not really a big deal just a bit more fab time .. my biggest concern in doing the header to a pzev model is how the header will affect the tune of the car.. changing flow rate and changing the exhaust pulse flow could also cause issues so that is where im at right now but ive found no negative info to my concerns so its looking like cwiggins will get done as soon as warm weather hits  

cwiggin

from what ive read the ports on mine are similar to the h6's with an oval port instead of round.  theres ways to modify but its looking like more parts and lots of fab work. Seems like it  might mess up injectors too.   its not looking good so far lol   not worth it to  pay out the ass and possible mess up the car just for sound

Latest posts

Back