08 WRX hyper MPG

therussiann

so i was at evergreen subaru today and on my way back i was stuck driving behind an 18wheler about half the way back to bath so i decided to reset my MPG meter and see what i can get out of it
default_smile.png

on down hills i clutched in and let the car roll and the trip was like 38m or close to it but i got 33.8 and that's usialy doing like 5 / 10 mph over the speed lim

default_eek.gif
default_woohoo.gif
default_wink.png
default_woohoo.gif
:wh:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Last year when the gas pumps were operating in Acton I gassed up and drove down to Biddeford and managed to get a reading of 33 mpg before hitting traffic. Mostly down hill
default_idk.gif

ruggedman

its just cool how much mpg u can get with a car that does like 18 to 24
default_idk.gif
I didnt even drive that carefully when i got 28. I think the slightly lowered car profile helps my mileage
default_idk.gif

08WRXME

I saw it flutter up to 40MPG on my car!! I had refilled off of Exit 11 off 101 in NH and then did 50mph on flat land in 5th gear. car sounded like it was barely running. Once I hit highway, she dropped to a respectable 30-31 MPG.

theimbalance

so does this disprove the theory that you should leave the car in gear downhill? I've always heard that being at full vacuum is more fuel efficient than basically idling down hill?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
so does this disprove the theory that you should leave the car in gear downhill? I've always heard that being at full vacuum is more fuel efficient than basically idling down hill?
Leaving it in gear down hill not only slows you down, it uses more gas than idling. At least according to the GPH meter on my scangauge2.

Latest posts

Back