08 WRX stereo build

gakosaurusrex

so im getting angry w/o a good stereo now a days,it had to happen sometime.

it came with some JL audios 6 1/2 already in it

TR600CXi.jpg

Did a "subaru premium" extra tweeter install(all the wires were ready just needed to get the grill and speakers)

1005001350.jpg

1005001350a.jpg

Built my own box.

0918002123.jpg

port filling in.

1005001354a.jpg

port filling out.

1005001354b.jpg

Pioneer premier 4 ohm Dual voice coil 12 inch sub

1005001353.jpg

1005001353a.jpg

Kenwood eXcelon 2din touch w/ bluetooth, DVD, highspeed ipod, 5v Preamp sub RCA

1005001348.jpg

1005001349.jpg

Ipod in center

1005001351a.jpg

Also a Amp kill switch.

1005001351.jpg

Extreme 1500 watt amp (bridged) (500 watt 2 channel rms).

1005001355a.jpg

not much room in the back anymore

1005001355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
What are you going to do about the other speakers? Can't have a "Stereo" build with just a subwoofer
default_wink.png

gakosaurusrex

FU dan.... FU.
FU? stands for Freaking Unstoppable, dont get down ryan you will have a 12 speaker stereo someday soon, and btw did the whole install myself. if u need help with an install soon?

Iboc_C64

I may, seems like lately I can't even find time to wash my car. It has about 3 1/2 weeks of wet dirt road grime on it right now.

Iboc_C64

BTW, I have everything I need to put a decent system in my car, I just don't feel like putting my old Single DIN sized Kenwood 25th aniversary system from 2005 in to a 2009 with a Double Din opening. I still have my Kenwood Excelon 2 channel 1200 watt amp and my 2 12"s subs but I also don't wanna lose much trunk space. I want an Audio Integrations box with a single 10" sub and a decent single channel, perhaps D class amp. Nothing too extravagant. Unfortunatly the Excelon speakers in my old pontiac are a different size from the Subaru, so I need new speakers. If my luck ever improves and I stop hitting deer and having surprise hospital bills, then maybe, one day, I will build it!

smelt240

Just a quick thought on this.The box design looks good,but I see you used what looks like 3/4" plywood for your box. Im not trying to tell you what to do,but a $30 sheet of MDF would do wonders for your sound quality,if not now,maybe a little later when the glue holding the layers together gives up. You will probably start to hear a slight "buzzing" when it starts to vibrate apart. Last,if you are thinking about covering the box,check a place called Fabric Warehouse,its over near Maine Oxy,in Auburn. they have a lot of carpet and vinyl remnants that are dirt cheap (2 or 3 bucks for enough to cover a single sub box),and you can usually find any color you might need. Ive been building systems for a little over 20 years,and this has been my secret store for most of those years. Im actually about to do an old school Rockford setup in my 04,got a couple big old power series amps,and 2 HX2 12" 4" coiled subs,with JL 5 1/4" components up front,and JL coaxials in the rear deck.Just a single DIN eclipse CD head,and a little sonic help from audiocontrol should do it...

Matt

looks cool dan...not a lot of room in the back of those things huh.....by the way....wheres the video!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back