'09 Stage II Exhaust Reccomendations

bakerbuddy

Hi guys,

So I recently went Stage I with my 09 sedan, and I've been having some issues with the turbo boost- spiking. I guess it's time for an exhaust system, and while I'm at it I guess it's time for Stage II. I'm looking for complete setup, and I'm wondering what some of the '09+ crowd fancies. I don't really like big noise, but I like big performance. Looking for some thoughts.

Thanks!

08WRXME

Hi guys,
So I recently went Stage I with my 09 sedan, and I've been having some issues with the turbo boost- spiking. I guess it's time for an exhaust system, and while I'm at it I guess it's time for Stage II. I'm looking for complete setup, and I'm wondering what some of the '09+ crowd fancies. I don't really like big noise, but I like big performance. Looking for some thoughts.

Thanks!
If you want performance, look into a Invidia catted DP. great products and relativly cheap. As far as the catback, I would say invidia, but they don't make a sedan exhaust. Check out the magnaflow catback. cheap, great sound, not too loud and it flows really nicely.

gakosaurusrex

well i have an 08 wag for CBs ive been lookin at turboXS 3" Borla 3" Spt 2.5" and mgnaflow 2.5" (i think that's the right sizes)

i really like the borla they say it only 3 dbs louder then a stock.

dose anyone know how much louder 3 dbs is?

2010wrx

Are you looking for cheap, quiet, cat, no cat... there is a lot of options, If I had the money I would do perrin turbo back. I went cheap and did catless tsudo dp and cnt racing cb It sounds nuts! but with the catless I recommend the cobb stg2 lwg tune and you will have no problems with spike!

Stein

Stein
well i have an 08 wag for CBs ive been lookin at turboXS 3" Borla 3" Spt 2.5" and mgnaflow 2.5" (i think that's the right sizes)
i really like the borla they say it only 3 dbs louder then a stock.

dose anyone know how much louder 3 dbs is?
It depends.

Random graph off of google images, but it works.

http://hotmath.com/images/gt/lessons/genericalg1/exponential_graph.gif

The louder the noise, the larger difference between measurements. So 68dB is a louder than 67dB by a higher margin than 14dB over 13dB

L-town

I have a SPT Catback for 08-10 sedan I may be willing to part with, PM me for price.

Last edited by a moderator:

L-town

Yeah its a WRX catback. They bolt right up to the NA with no modification. Ask nate how it sounds last I new he was running the same exhaust.

bakerbuddy

Thanks for the suggestions, all. Like I said, I'm not real big on noise. I don't particularly want a LOUD setup. I'm thinking strongly about SPT and maybe a Perrin catted DP. I'm also thinking that I'm going to wait 'til Spring, as I've just had a flash update and the boost-spiking issue seems to be resolved and it doesn't make sense to me to put a brand new exhaust on in the winter. I'm also looking for other perfmance enhancing suggestions as I prepare for stage II. Thoughts?

Nate

Founding Father
My suggestion besides to add to stage 2 would be a better TMIC. You have the potential to tune for more boost with this turbo, but you will not do it reliably with that TMIC. Get the right parts, and tune GOOD once. Go see Bren.

Latest posts

Back