1.8 turbo

Vecken

there is a good running DOHC 2.5L on craigslist right now, if you want to tackle the engine management system nightmare.

EJ25D's are drop in, wont make full power from what I was told but you will have more. I have yet to find the displacement of 1.8 heads compared to 2.2 heads. With those numbers a compression ratio bump could be determined. I believe I ran some assumed numbers which ended up with roughly 140 hp at the crank for a 2.2 with 1.8 heads. Could be more but who knows.

140 for the 1.8/2.2 is the theoretical number, wouldn't surprise me if its only 130 in the end. For reliability sake I recommend just running a 2.2 as it is.

KamB

Kam Berry
140 for the 1.8/2.2 is the theoretical number, wouldn't surprise me if its only 130 in the end. For reliability sake I recommend just running a 2.2 as it is.
Yea I agree. After some advice from Meyagi I think 2.2 is the way to go. But I'll hold onto my 1.8 in case I ever have money to spare, then put the 2.2 heads on the 1.8 and drive a boosted time bomb
default_smile.png
just gotta get through this winter so I'm thinking 2.2 to get me by. Wouldn't mind a 2.5 at some point. Ill see what this summer brings.

Latest posts

Back