1986 Subaru Brat.........again

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have no choice due to the need to buy some stuff to fix my Forester. I am asking 1100 obo for it. There is really nothing wrong with it except for a slightly loose inner tie rod, and a couple small spots of rust. I really don't want to sell it but I need the money and have no where else to find it. I will post up some new pics soon. But please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will not be listing it anywhere but on a Subaru forum, as I want it to go to an enthusiast.

Mod list:

Fuel injection on stock EA81 motor

5 spd dual range tranny swap

rear disc brake swap

lifted 3-4"

custom front and rear bumpers

bigger radiator

custom power steering

Accel coil

Custom wood interior panels

Subaru Sport steering wheel

roll bar

jump seats

4500lb Ramsey winch

Custom built LSD rear diff

XT6 seats

15" Puegeot wheels with almost new 205 75 15 Liberator tires

custom exhaust system, sounds great!

Also has a re sealed motor, new wheel bearings in 3 hubs, new brake caliper to replace seized one, new rear brake pads installed, and new fronts still in the box, replaced fuel pump, new clutch when motor was pulled for reseal, newer front cv axles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have axles that I think will work for you... Don't give up hope yet.

IBratmanI

you bastid.....you know my impulses are weak...sorry to hear about the ride issues
Pics will be up today.....hopefully. If not, tomorrow. And yeah, it has been a long frustrating road with the issues with my Forester. Hoping it gets better soon.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Here she is..

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IBratmanI

Yeah those are a few pics from a somewhat recent off road excursion. I will get up a few more too. The doors are rustier than anything else, but I have a set of rust free ones that will go with it. Almost new tires, new passenger side brake caliper, the fuel pump was leaking, so that is replaced. It really goes good, without any real issues.

Subarewah

hey chris whats up with the green fender? I don't remember that when jason had it, there a story behind that lol

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Having been out wheeling with this, I can contest to it being a beast. Wish we got some vids, but you couldn't believe where a little old suby will go!! Tough as hell too.

I actually hydrolocked the motor in my GL today... Cranked the water past the rings, fired her up and kept going. That's what you'd call a beast!!

hey chris whats up with the green fender? I don't remember that when jason had it, there a story behind that lol
It was rusty, then I ripped the fender off driving through the woods and ran it over sort of. So it was easier just to put a new one on. PS. it's blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

That was the fender that I had done some patches to when I had it, it was getting rusty again so I gave him another spare I had that was in better shape

fattie

fat kid
ive always dreamed of owning a brat , now I wanna fix and sell my wagon to buy this. if only I could fix it and sell it in one day. but if I had a grand laying around this would be mine right now. I hate to say I hope you don't sell it lol , but im sure it will be gone quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back