1994 Legacy Touring Wagon now with 100% more Meyagi

GClark

So I'm thinking I want go with a TD05H-16G instead of the TD04 now. It means that I have to spend more money and it's going to take more time, but I've heard the hp gains are totally worth it. But I don't won't to much turbo lag!! Bah, I don't know...

Other then that I need this stuff, then I'm good to go!

Fuel Pump

Injectors

Tuning Device (piggyback)

Tune

Install Exhaust

Turbo and TMIC piping

Gauges

Big thanks to Legwagon for the new light too!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm not sure, if it flows as much as a Waldoboro then it would work.
You mean Walbro?? Haha. I know it's not as much as a 255, cause that's what I swapped mine out for, but I know it will run a VF39 just fine, so I would assume it would for you!! Let me know if you want it. Very cheap!!!

Meyagi

I'm a hack
your not really going to be able to take advantage of the 16G's flow on the crappy stock heads and ecu. id look for a cheap vf39, less money then a 16g, and prob will perform better. the stock maf will max out on the vf39 by 10psi of boost anyways, and fuel cut will getcha around 12psi. after the maf maxes out, the injectors go static (wide open) and that's no good for the injectors or performance. for a solution to the ecu and maf, you could go to a custom chipped ej20g ecu (what i have), or get a aem F/IC piggyback, which ive heard works awesome.

GClark

You mean Walbro?? Haha. I know it's not as much as a 255, cause that's what I swapped mine out for, but I know it will run a VF39 just fine, so I would assume it would for you!! Let me know if you want it. Very cheap!!!
Hahaha oops, yes I mean Walbro. I'll look up some more info on it later today, and get back to ya.

your not really going to be able to take advantage of the 16G's flow on the crappy stock heads and ecu. id look for a cheap vf39, less money then a 16g, and prob will perform better. the stock maf will max out on the vf39 by 10psi of boost anyways, and fuel cut will getcha around 12psi. after the maf maxes out, the injectors go static (wide open) and that's no good for the injectors or performance. for a solution to the ecu and maf, you could go to a custom chipped ej20g ecu (what i have), or get a aem F/IC piggyback, which ive heard works awesome.
Well the more I think about it, the more I want to stick with the td04 for now. I got it wicked cheap and it would be a good step up from the vf10. I think this fall/winter I will do the head swap and put the vf39 on. I'd like to get this running sometime before summer ends. For the maf, I heard getting JEC off another Legacy would take care of that and for the ecu I really wanted to go with the revtronix chip, but since that guy is gone, I'm thinking a Perfect Power 6 and have someone tune it for me. Would you recommend getting bigger injectors? I'm going to have to upgrade eventually, so I was thinking I could save some time and just install them now, but I'm worried about it running to rich.

And Nate, I bet that 16g is mucho $$$ at EG. I'm looking for used and cheap.

Nate

Founding Father
Yah, very true. I'm sure it is.

Just get that thing driving. Put the TD04 in and run it. Upgrades come with time.

Tyler

Yah, very true. I'm sure it is.
Just get that thing driving. Put the TD04 in and run it. Upgrades come with time.
I agree. That's what I'm doing for now, but I'll be running a 2.0 wrx ecu

GClark

New plan:

Keep the stock turbo, install everything I got so far, get a fuel cut defender and crank the boost up as high as I can, maybe 13lbs? Then, we I get bored with that I'll do the vf39, tuning, etc, etc... By keeping the stock turbo, it keeps me from having to invest in a standalone and a tune. I would also like to put some money into the body since it's pretty rough and some new wheels!

I also just bought something awesome for my car off NASIOC, coilovers! And no Dan, they aren't the $500 ebay ones I wanted to get, more like $5,500
default_confused.gif

GClark

Yeah I know, the guy I'm buying them from as different tophats on that should make them bolt right up. I wouldnt buy new ones, way too much $$$. Im getting a pretty good deal from a guy on rs25.com. I can't wait to install them!

GClark

Well I'm actually changing out the fuel rails and injectors right now! Man are they a pain! I'm hoping that when I finish it, the car will be running smoothly again. As for body work, I would like to start asap, butI don't really want to paint it a different color this year(or ever hopefully! Well maybe a Maaco job...). I also don't want to do the rust repair and then have mismatching body panels. I'm going to finish the suspension/wheels/engine then move on to the body work.

GClark

Alright guys I need help already LOL. So I replaced one fuel rail and tried to start it. Everything is hooked up, so I don't know whats up. I start it and it jumps up to 2000 rpms, after a few seconds it drops down and almost dies. You can catch it everytime by getting on the gas, but as soon as you take your foot off the gas, it drops down fast, shutters, and dies. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME SUBARU GODS!!!!!!ONE11

GClark

That's what I was thinking, a vacuum hose, but I can't find any disconnected hoses! When I did turn it on, it felt smoother and there is no CEL so I'm assuming(and hoping!) that the one fuel rail I replaced was the bad one.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
make sure the plugs for the injectors aren't swapped front to back. the front plug will have a bit of white tape on the wire.

Latest posts

Back