2000 Legacy GT

Smiththers

i have a small list of things i want to do provided the gf wants them too as its her car... first thing is going to be upgrade the stock cassette radio to a Clarion Pro Audio deck from 2004, old but still soo clean sounding. second is the headlights, if they dont glare too much, then HID's will be going in. other than that, its only got 109k miles on it, goes good, check engine light came on lastnight though so its going to the dealer tomorrow :p

Imprezah

gunmetal or black rims would look awesome, even if you painted the stock rims.

I usually hate the 05+ 17" legacy 5-spoke rims, but I think they would work great on that car.

Smiththers

yea i probably wont be changing much with the wheels or body parts mainly because its not just my car. i got it for her for the upcoming baby, its not going to be much more than a really reliable car for us.

Smiththers

yea the color is real sharp, and i didnt find any rust underneath, i think it was garage kept most of its life.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
sweet man!!
default_smile.png

Stein

Stein
I test drove a very similar one at Norm's when I was looking at my car. 2000 sedan, LGT, red, just over 100k. Sounds like the same car, and sounds like it was clean enough for Patriot to buy it
default_smile.png

Very nice.

Smiththers

did it have auto trans or was it a 5 speed? this one is very very clean, so maybe it is the same one. patriot did one of the head gaskets and the timing belt already too.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
^One of the headgaskets???????? What the hell were they cheapin out or what!! If you are gonna pull the motor and tear it all apart and only do one side it's just stupid!!!! Hope it lasts a long time like that for ya!!

Stein

Stein
It was a 5-speed. I was definitely faster than my OBS, but it just felt less "fun," and as a teenager buying a car, fun was more important than the turbo.

I kind of wish I'd gone for the turbo though
default_smile.png

IBratmanI

It was a 5-speed. I was definitely faster than my OBS, but it just felt less "fun," and as a teenager buying a car, fun was more important than the turbo.
I kind of wish I'd gone for the turbo though
default_smile.png
ummmm, the 2000 LGT doesn't have a turbo

Stein

Stein
Wha?

I guess that's why it wasn't as fun
default_smile.png
. I posted on here asking why it didn't have a hoodscoop/TMIC, and all I heard was that it didn't have a TMIC. Didn't realize there was no turbo.

IBratmanI

I remember when you asked that and I said it didn't have a turbo then. LGT's weren't turbo till I believe 2005. Just the same as your OBS having a hood scoop and no turbo

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
LGT was NOT turbo until 2005. Everything else was 2.5 or if older 2.2.

Not going to comment on the HG thing because I don't want to have to do any knockin' on wood...

Smiththers

oh well this car is an auto so it wasnt the same one you test drove. this car had one owner and was traded in at patriot. besides, what dealer do you know of that would spend its own money on preventative maintenance?

Latest posts

Back