2006 Impreza 2.5i Blower Resistor help please

Boynton4

So the other day my fan decided it want to only operate at one speed. It's either off or full blast. Settings 1-3 do nothing. I believe it's just the blower resistor, i found the part number for the 2004... (72 226 FE000) Does anyone know if that'll fit in the 2006? I'm thinking not. The other question is where does it go? I thought it'd go right next to the glovebox.. like the 2004, but I found a thread on nasioc http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2027676&highlight=resistor+blower that seems to indicate that isn't the case. Any help would be mucho appreciated!

-=Lobstah=-

Def a resistor. Should be right under the glovebox. It has 2 screws holding it and a connector that plugs into it. << that's if its anything like my RS. Not sure about the part number though.

Boynton4

What year was your RS? Did you read the thread about the guy with the 2007 that couldn't find it behind the glovebox? That's what made me wonder if it was elsewhere.. Maybe the guy was just clueless..

i-wagon

i'm going to go out and look at mine. if you don't hear back from me tonight, i got lost

i found where harness that plugs into the fan ( i think) but that's as far as i got in my pajamas. if you get the part and want help tearing into it i can meet you at evergreen early next week

Last edited by a moderator:

Boynton4

Sounds good to me matt. I haven't ordered the part yet, but i'll try to get that taken care of today

Boynton4

Thanks for the help! Sometime it's just the simplest things. It's nice not having to buy a $40 part, and then being able to get my alignment done instead
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Latest posts

Back