2007 STI Limited at Stanley Subaru in great shape

dougm12

Just wanted to mention that Stanley Subaru in Ellsworth has a rare 2007 STI Limited, silver, in excellent shape on their lot. The car was a trade-in 3 days ago from the original person who bought it there. It has 36,000 miles, looks immaculate and runs exceptionally well - I was given a drive in it by Mark, the owner of Stanley, this morning - phenomenal!!

It is number #647 of the 800 car limited run. The Limited had special features, moonroof, minimal wing and some more.

Stanley will only be keeping it for a week or so in case some one local wants it, if not they will sell it to someone out of state they have lined up. The car is currently not "prepped" as they assume it will go out of state, but if someone has very serious, bona fide interest in the car they will do the prep work so it can be test driven. I think they wanted close to $28,000.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
If anyone here gets this I will gladly trade seats with you
default_additional_party.gif

Blue GT

I looked at it yesturday, $28,500 is a little steep for it IMO but what do I know. A sales rep is getting back to me about trade in value of my LGT but i don't know that i'm willing to almost double my car payment for it?

wzrd

I looked at it yesturday, $28,500 is a little steep for it IMO but what do I know. A sales rep is getting back to me about trade in value of my LGT but i don't know that i'm willing to almost double my car payment for it?
How much do you want to be able to say"I own a limited edition Subaru STI #647":cool:..If i hadnt promised the wife,NO more buying cars,id be checking it out too.;)For those miles at that price ,try to get them to thro in a extended warrentee up to 100K cya..good luck

dougm12

I'm curious, since the time I saw it last Saturday, has Stanley gone ahead and had it "prepped" so it can be test driven, or did someone at Stanley have to drive the car?

I thought the car drove extremely well just being a passenger in it, but with the moon-roof I (at 6' 3") lose just enough headroom in the very upright seating position I need for my back, that the car won't work for me.

Mark

I'm curious, since the time I saw it last Saturday, has Stanley gone ahead and had it "prepped" so it can be test driven, or did someone at Stanley have to drive the car?
I thought the car drove extremely well just being a passenger in it, but with the moon-roof I (at 6' 3") lose just enough headroom in the very upright seating position I need for my back, that the car won't work for me.
i'm nearly 6'3" and i have plenty of room in my STi. i always have that problem when i test drive cars because i dont fool around with the seats enough to get a good fit

ReZPunK

i know the previous owner, he took ultra good care of it. it was never modded or abused.

that's hard to say about an STI but this is the honest truth.

ruggedman

i'm nearly 6'3" and i have plenty of room in my STi. i always have that problem when i test drive cars because i dont fool around with the seats enough to get a good fit
The moonroof'd scoobs wouldn't work for ya then. I barely have enough headroom at 6'1". With a helmet my head is in contact with the roof the whole time.
default_confused.gif

ReZPunK

how many used STIs are you going to find in this good of shape, have a dealer warranty, and haven't been modded to **** and haven't been beat on.

granted its a lot of money for a used car. but it is what it is.

i know what he got in trade for it. he made out like a bandit heh.

therussiann

i just saw that car today when i want to acadia park and they want close to 29 for it i say its kinda an outrage for 36k mi on it. imo

ruggedman

It's kind of a rare rig. I can see why they'd want that for it.

The book value for retail is 28,130. Seems spot on to me, plus it's at a dealer. I find people selling their 2004 plain jane sti's for like 20 grand much more unrealistic.

therussiann

rare yes kinda ( everything they did u can do on ur own and beter if u have 07 sti ) and i like new cars my 08 prem i got a good deal on it but it was 28 out the door that's with prem sport tax and all that goodie stuff so :/ (brand spankin new i was 1st to buy 08 wrx from the 2nd biggest dealer in the country)

stiXXX

$29K, for a 3-model year old STi, in a recession, is a good laugh.

They probably gave $22K as a trade-in.

This will sit, like most of the the '09s did, unbought, in Maine.

Imo $25K is closer to the Real Value.

patsti

NitrousFed
$29K, for a 3-model year old STi, in a recession, is a good laugh.They probably gave $22K as a trade-in.

This will sit, like most of the the '09s did, unbought, in Maine.

Imo $25K is closer to the Real Value.
lol that's what I was thinking... it has a lot of miles... Plus who knows if the issues from that year where ever been worked out... who wants a used sti with 36k that's been running super lean all those miles... Can you say BOOM!!!

For 24 25 k its reasonable... you cant be asking over book in a recession... you gotta sell it for less. I would never buy a car at book or even close to it.

Hell Mercedes took 4k off a car for my friend when I went shopping with her the other day and it was used (45k miles asking 21000 paid 17100 and it was already below book by 1k).

Trevor723

Have any of you ever paid the sticker price for a car? I hope not. Just gotta have a starting point for the negotiations.

patsti

NitrousFed
Have any of you ever paid the sticker price for a car? I hope not. Just gotta have a starting point for the negotiations.
lol right... but starting point should be at or below book and normally below.

vrmmm pshhh

ruggedman

lol right... but starting point should be at or below book and normally below.vrmmm pshhh
Book on it is 28+?

They're starting at book.

God I cant imagine trying to sell something on a car forum
default_lost.gif

Latest posts

Back