2011 Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

STI KID

hahaha xxx. why dont u let mikey drive the other one?
default_tongue.png

STI KID

ok . well im down for anytime tomorrow except 330-415ish. i have a orthodontist appointment in windham. shoot me a pm with a time and place and maybe XXX your cell number in case i get lost
default_tongue.png
i usually dont go out that way sooooo id rather not get lost. but im down for any other time tomorrow as long as its not like 8am.

STi-zy Wagon

I just submitted 2 photos. ^^^^^might have one that's the same. Thanks Dave for taking the pics, there old now, but car still looks the same. O BTW I like your banner^

Carter

Administrator
Also as I stated in the first email, credits for photos will not show on the calendar. If you are submitting a photo with credits please make sure you have permission to print the photo without credits.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
why not publish photo credits? often that is the agreement wherein a photog grants you rights to use a pic for free. the credits don't have to be huge, they just have to be there.

in publishing world, you run the risk of causing more trouble by NOT running credits. don't ask me how I learnt this during 25 years in the magazine biz...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So should I email you the credits to go with my pic? What info is being included with the credits. Photographer? Location? Car? etc?

Carter

Administrator
So should I email you the credits to go with my pic? What info is being included with the credits. Photographer? Location? Car? etc?
It will need to be on the photo aka watermark.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
ah - gotcha. So in terms of that. We'll need to know what size approx the pics will be on the calender to make an appropriate sized watermark. If it is a decent size on the full res pic at 100%, it will be tiny/unreadable on a pic that's scaled down to, say, 30% of it's original high quality size.

Maybe what I'm saying only makes sense in my head ... any other photo people have any say on this?

Stein

Stein
ah - gotcha. So in terms of that. We'll need to know what size approx the pics will be on the calender to make an appropriate sized watermark. If it is a decent size on the full res pic at 100%, it will be tiny/unreadable on a pic that's scaled down to, say, 30% of it's original high quality size.
Maybe what I'm saying only makes sense in my head ... any other photo people have any say on this?
Makes perfect sense to me. We'd need size in both pixels and some physical measurement.

Stein

Stein
Perhaps the Brandy Pond boat launch, or the causeway...Trouble is, I have the STI and WRX to shoot, and I can only run one clutch at a time, lolol!!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
Any update on this?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Any updates on the pic size? I want to re-send a pic, and send another one. But I don't know what size to make my watermark! I don't want it to be obnoxiously big, or unreadably small. But I can't set the size of it unless I know roughly the size the calendar will be.

The other option is to just have it listed on the inside of the back cover. That's how many calenders do it, and avoids the need to play with watermarks. Then maybe each pic could get, say, a 250 word writeup or something. Often when I see car, boat, house, etc calenders each pic will get a small writeup with it so people who are interested know what's going on. And people who don't care don't have to see a watermark. Just my $0.02

Evan

one week left. if anyone needs photos of their car, let me know, we might be able to work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back