2015 WRX revealed!!!

sooch

Type-RA
The front bumper reminds me a bit like the old rs style. If only they could make those foglights bigger and more annoying it would be siiick.

For those that think it looks soft and not rally-esque, well subaru withdrew from WRC how many years ago now?

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Its slowly growing on me.. ill keep my 05 though
default_smile.png

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Reserving my full judgement until they've been out for a while, and I've worked on one.  Would also like to see the hatch.

The reaction for now:  It looks like a jetta/corolla/civic orgy, with a GR hoodscoop.  All of the big name automakers are starting to realize that if they do the Hyundai/Kia thing and blatantly copy everyone else's good ideas, they might sell more units.  These cars might as well be ultrabooks or tablets, since they're now designed and marketed the same way.  Whatever happened to individuality in a brand?  I don't see anything exciting here except for the possibility that the motor may turn out to enjoy boost more than an EJ257?

SUBARU, PLEASE GET OUT OF BED WITH TOYOTA! KTHNXBAI

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i knew when they released the latest impreza bodystyle the wrx line was doomed to look like every other small sedan on the market.

jojo69

yeah I agree with many opinions on the lack of luster coming from the new body style, It does feel like a medley of every other car out there... Either go back to it;s roots like nissan may be doing with the Idx Datsun http://jalopnik.com/the-nissan-idx-nismo-concept-is-the-rebirth-of-the-god-1468159303) , or be original... seems very few auto makes dare anything these days... 

Even the legacy concept looks like an accord from the back... although I kinda like the levorg, but then i'm european and we like our turbo'd wagons
default_smile.png

SurlyOBS

It's the offspring of a Corolla and an Audi. I should keep my RS simply because the new ones are so ugly it will boost the value of the good looking old ones...

Either I'm not liking any new cars the past few years or I'm just allergic to car loans. Not sure which.

I don't get why people get hung up on cars looking like other manufactures cars. The GC impreza and a camry(or corolla) of the same age look similar in the front end.

It is a nice update on the nose from the last body style. The new engine, turbo charged FA20, should give it reliability in the power train. As far as the 6-speed option, gear ratio's probably won't be any closer then before just a lower rpm cruising gear. The CVT will be nice for those who want selectivity but don't want to shift all the time. The headlights look very similar to the BRZ headlights. They are very nice, even have the ability to adjust them on the fly, which could be good for car meets/shows at night.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
As for why so many cars look similar these days, well it's kind of mandated. Height of the nose, shape of front end, and upward curve to the hood are all due to passenger-impact standards. YUP, cars are now designed to lessen the damage when they hit things like people...wonder if it'd help when you whack a damn deer? Maybe that's where the bright new headlights would help!

And to support CoupedUps post above...look at late-90s Corolla, Sentra, Galant, Camry and GC Impreza...viewing @ front ends from 100 yards away, it'd be damn hard to tell them apart. The 2.5RS pie-plate fogs do help it pop out, but the regular versions are pretty generic.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedForester08

People will LOVE the new 2.0DIT engine. It's Twin scroll turbo and great torque at 2000 to 5500. Boost comes on at just 18% throttle and it pulls all the way to 5500. This motor's power is much more fun and comes on early like my Stage 1 04 WRX. My 14 XT will outrun my WRX do to the early and constant torque curve. and I can get 28 mpg on the highway at 75 mph.

Also a Bonus to the turbo location is the you do not get any of the exhaust heat 4 inches from the intercooler. I test both designs and the XT was much cooler when you touch with your hand. a lot less heat soak.

Back