AAA Membership and/also insurance for your needs

diabloadsit

Ok guys just posting this up there as general info for you and for some it might be worth looking into.

First off, my wife works for AAA. She is located down at the Northern New England building in Portland on Marginal Way.

Ok, just to let you guys know that with a AAA membership you gets lots of cool benefits.

You get free towing up to 5 miles with a basic membership or if you upgrade to the AAA Plus you get free towing up to 100 miles! Yes 100 miles. After you have a Plus membership for 1 year you can pay to become Platinum level and are aloud one tow a year up to 200 miles! 200 miles is a long ways and its free. After that you get 3 more 100 mile tows.

Towing is not all you get. If you have a AAA Plus membership you get free gas if you run out while traveling, up to 5 gallons. Not to mention all the other benefits that AAA Membership gives you like discounts on car rentals and hotel stays.

Also, if you choose to get Insurance through AAA then you also get a discount for being a member.

I will not lie to you AAA insurance is harder to get for the younger crowd. Not that you cannt get it but AAA is very strict on who they insure. They are not like Progressive or Geico that they believe in all out numbers. AAA believes in quality over quantity.

If you guys know anything about USAA then they have the same rules. Its harder to get but if you do get approved then the savings are usually pretty good for you.

Insurance Car and House:

This is seperate service then the AAA Member: This is just like any standard Car insurance or house: Some rules listed here.

If you have more than 3 incidents on your record in a 3 year period they can’t take you. If you have an SR22 for any reason they can’t take you.

Just letting everyone know, if you have any questions and want to see if you can save yourself some money then give my wife a call and get a quote.

Also, if you do a quote, you can get a $10 gift cert. for gas or food, even if you don't go through with it.

My wife’s office number is here:

Katie Adsit

207-791-8570

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Carter

Administrator
I am a AAA Platinum member. You also get discounts at NAPA as well
default_smile.png

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
sounds like triple A is making a fortune.

default_smile.png

may as well add "as long as your car has not had a pronblem in the last 5 years, we offer free tows."

"if you run out of gas cuz your broke. sorry. start walking."

the usaa stuff for military? I laughed at that too. (I qualify for all of that stuff.)

Nate

Founding Father
^^^^Very good point though.

I don't have issues with a bad record or anything, but find it funny that these big companies will hand pick who they want to take money from. Its like they are picking who they think will cost them the least amount of money in the long run. "Let's see here.... you don't look like you will ever make a claim, and you have a new car so towing will be pretty much nonexistence. You can give me your money."

diabloadsit

Sorry guys you must have miss understood me or I wasnt clear.

Anyone can hold a AAA Membership. But, if you have any at fault incidents totaling more than 3 in a 3 year period then you can not get insurance with them.

The only time AAA will not honer a membership is if you have a ton of claims against the membership.

If you have a AAA Plus membership then you are allowed 3 tows a year up to a 100 miles each time. If you are a platinum member you are allowed 1 200 mile tow a year then 3 more 100 mile tows for the same year.

Seeing how the basic membership only cost $45 a year its a heck of a deal. I believe the plus is around $80 a year.

Now just 1 tow for 100 miles will run you much much much more than $80.

Again, so we are clear.

Anyone can buy and have a AAA Membership. But if you want AAA Insurance car/house. You can not have more than three at fault accidents in a 3 year period. If you are a young driver but have a steller record you can possibly get a really good deal with AAA also.

diabloadsit

I am a AAA Platinum member. You also get discounts at NAPA as well
default_smile.png
Nice! Yea we get AAA Plus automaticly through her working there. In a year of having Plus we are going to upgrade to Platinum level. It is well worth it.

Yes NAPA gives dicounts with the AAA card. Ask Lobstah he uses his all the time.
default_smile.png

-=Lobstah=-

I do indeed.
default_smile.png

And i have NEVER had problems with AAA service (tows) calls. One time they helped me out even when i wasnt anywhere near the vehicle (Roomies car broke down in Biddo, had to tow it home). And everytime after the service call, AAA operator calls you back with status updates and when towtruck gets there, you get another call to make sure you're on your way. I have nothing but great things to say about AAA, and for 85 bucks a year (Plus membership + wife) it is definitely worth it for a peace of mind.

PS: I als have my car insurance through AAA, and it;s the best rate i could find....

-=Lobstah=-

but find it funny that these big companies will hand pick who they want to take money from. Its like they are picking who they think will cost them the least amount of money in the long run. "Let's see here.... you don't look like you will ever make a claim, and you have a new car so towing will be pretty much nonexistence. You can give me your money."
i'd like to disagree with you on this one, Nate. I literally saved hundreds of $$$ so far, and never had an issue. I'm not sure as far as AAA insurance claims go (and i hope to never find out), but AAA membership is def. worth it.

diabloadsit

^^^^Very good point though.
I don't have issues with a bad record or anything, but find it funny that these big companies will hand pick who they want to take money from. Its like they are picking who they think will cost them the least amount of money in the long run. "Let's see here.... you don't look like you will ever make a claim, and you have a new car so towing will be pretty much nonexistence. You can give me your money."
See the reward here is you stay out of trouble you pay less on insurance.

I do agree with you to a certain extent. Yes it sucks. I have been paying insurance for so freakin long now but hardley ever have claims. But its insurance it there for those "Just in Case" momments. That seem to hit you when you are at your lowest.

I personally have USAA for insurance. USAA is the only insurance company that AAA can not touch far as rates.

But like USAA. AAA is super selective about the people they insure. They don't do it so they make more money from people that dont have problems they do it cause it saves the insured a lot of money.

Look at it this way. Take a company like Geico or Progressive. Anyone can get insured with them. You have a heart beat good you are in. BUUUUTTT...... How much you willing to pay. Also, you have to remember if a lot of other people with your company have at fault accidents not only does there rate go up but in the end you will feel it also.

With really picky insurance companies yes it is harder to get in but is that a bad thing as long as you can make the cut? No its not. You don't have to worry about your rates jacking up for no reason because other members are more likely to stay out of problems.

Latest posts

Back