Alura's 1992 SVX

Alura

So I don't have any pictures today, BUT.... the driveshaft, and transmission cross member are in, ebrake has been fixed and put back together, transmission lines are all new and installed, and the speed sensor is installed. Drove down the road last night!

Some big things left to do is building an exhaust, finishing the interior, and unfortunately coming up with an entire new design for the front suspension. The struts and lowering spring that are in there right now aren't going to cut it
default_frown.gif
Might be looking at having to do 05-07 STI coilovers in the front. $$$$

Also have a small list of little things to do as well, including installing the new radio, some minor wiring, an alignment, and an oil change etc..

Pictures will follow in a few days!!

Alura

Alright, soo between work an school ive been slacking. But! Mike finished the exhaust yesterday, balanced the tires, and a few other little things. And the car is more or less road ready! My next day off is Friday, so pictures to come soon. And an updated list of what's left.

This should be in the windham car this Sunday if anyone's coming! Can't wait to drive it
default_biggrin.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Alura

I removed the stupid dealer sticker of the rear the last time I was over. Buy my dinner at the meet tomorrow and we can call it even.
Or we can deem that your good deal for the day!
default_smile.png

I DROVE THE CAR LAST NIGHT 
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

At this point all that's left it:

Alignment (which it desperately needs!)

putting a better radio in

wiring my speakers

doing an oil change

installing a different rear bumper

and possibly changing the steering wheel

Alura

So for anyone that wasn't aware, the car is done. It has been for a while, runs and drives great and its a lot of fun. But I also just bought Garretts old Legacy, which has a turbo. The SVX does not. I'm considering selling the SVX if anyone is interested. There's nothing wrong with the SVX, I just don't need two cars. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me and make me an offer. I'm not really in a rush to sell it, just more of a testing the waters/heads up!

Alura

There is literally no room for a turbo under that hood. it would take so much remodeling and deleting of random things. Not worth it for me. I actually have 3 cars right now, and I really want to buy a Lexus SC... soooo the svx and es300 are being axed. anybody wants an es300 that's going to be for sale too
default_wink.png
lol

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
ive actually never seen under the hood of one lol im sure its a lot like my stealth rt/tt was ..stuffed in there ..

damn i thought i was bad with the rex and my truck lol ....car addiction much ?

Alura

Yeah, I've already admitted to having a car problem lol I don't have anywhere to put them all.

Vecken

So many years later and several owners this car has fallen into my hands, not as pretty as it was when restored. 3 coils 2 injectors and New plugs she purrs like a kitten. That 4.44 makes the difference! Completely smokes my other svx with the stock trans. In the process of cleaning it up and sorting out all the issues of being neglected for 2 years.

Vecken

What exactly is the suspension made out of? It rides ok but I busted some of the bumper mounts getting it off the trailer, I don't want to resort to putting stock struts back on

Matt

Pretty sure it was a mix of parts to get it that low. Nothing is made aftermarket so you may need to put it back to stock.

Vecken

What is the best method of figuring out what struts are on there? They certainly dampen better but I may want to see if the struts can actuate enough for stock svx springs.

Latest posts

Back