Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

SUBARUDE

We know Rick but that's your problem
default_smile.png

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
This is me hitting you with my swaybar, when I can't figure out how to make the Forester struts work with it
default_additional_twak.gif

LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

As said before they bolt right in no modding needed but your best bet is to just put outback "LEGACY" struts spring and top hats in for a more even ride

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I think those would work better anyway since they are from the wagon and not the sedan, so they were engineered to support more weight. I think the Forester one's would look weird unless I put bigger tires on, but then I might have to cut the bumper and arches. I'll probably opt for the legacy outback one's and run the same 15" wheels and tires I got. What would that be like a 1" lift?

I agree the spring rates would be closer too.

SUBARUDE

There is really no diff between forester and outback struts the only diff is about a 1/4" and both foresters and outbacks run the same size tires so as usual you are still over thinking it

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I'll see if the salvage yard has anything tomorrow when I'm putting pads and snow tyres on. Dreading paying for an alignment...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Picking up some parts for this tomorrow! Just gotta drive to New Gloucester to get them, and remove them from the vehicle they are attached to. Still have to buy a clutch and get that put in as well. We'll see if this is on the road before snow flies.

IBratmanI

So I went down to Dave's (urabus) house today and stripped a few parts from his poor old BRAT. Unfortunately the BRAT has gotten quite rusty, and needed a few things to even be able to be moved around. So I went down and grabbed the rear disc brake conversion off, along with all four, 6 lug hubs,and the wheels that went with them. So now I can run Chevy or Toyota 6 lug wheels. This makes it so I'm not restricted to 13" tires. I have a good amount of cleaning and some rust removal to do on the brakes before I can use them, but they should be good to go with some work, and new pads! I'll get pics probably tomorrow.

And thanks to Gabe for keeping me company while wrenching!

IBratmanI

What size are they? I do have the set I got from Dave today, but there is a chance I would take another set depending on price.

IBratmanI

These are the new wheels I got, they need some new tires for sure!

1021121047.jpg

And these are the rear disc and 6 lug conversion parts. I ordered pads from ebay today, and cleaned the mud off these, but they still need a bunch of rust removed, and some lubrication!

1021121119.jpg

Latest posts

Back