Antifreeze disposal....?

-=Lobstah=-

After a couple year of working on cars, i have a fairly significant amount of used, mostly contaminated (dirt, oil) antifreeze, taking up room on my shelves. And upon researching different disposal options, i still haven't come up with the list of approved facilities in Maine that would take that crap (AF that is).

Aside from dumping it into the drain, does anybody have any pointers, or suggestions as to how i can get rid of used AF?

Thanks

-=Lobstah=-

and i do understand that i will have to pay to get rid of it, the question is where
default_smile.png

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
great question. I never learned a place either....

if that is not an ode to 13 years of EA solid deck engines...
default_smile.png

I have taken used oil to advance auto.. do not know if they do an antifreeze thing or not.

maybe a quicklube has a recycle program?

Currently, there are no federal requirements for the management and disposal of used antifreeze. EPA has not made a determination whether waste antifreeze is a hazardous waste. Regardless, most States have regulations for the management and disposal of waste antifreeze, regardless of whether it is a hazardous waste. Used antifreeze has the potential to be a hazardous waste due to its potentially high pH or its potential to have a high lead content.
this is very odd. As if heavy water is elusive. (all good engines make it)..and it is not friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back