Anyone here into ATV's or ATC's? Maine Trike Fest, May 11th!

Vegasjetta

We are throwing this shindig for the first time, May 11th. It's in Pownal at MacWorth RV, from 10am to 3pm. There will be ATC's for sale, parts, and other things as well. We are having a whole section for show, so come check it out. 100% free, and there will be BBQ and drinks as well. 

Message me for more details if needed!

http://www.macworthrv.com/?page_id=417

JohnMac250R_zps9dc280d7.jpg

NupeTriZ_zps3f78536c.jpg

Petergroup_zpseaf31b28.jpg

smelt240

I plan on going... more into TRXs now, I have a few restored 250Rs... Grew up around ATC250Rs...Tri-Zs...just got rid of a nasty Tecate-3..... I cant wait to see what shows up there.    Trying to get my buddy to take his unrestored as bought 85 250R, all orig except the seat cover.  He doesn't like to show it off though..

2 of my buggies:
004.jpg

inski

My wife and son on a Anniversary Raptor 250 and a Honda TRX250es not so old but still scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

smelt240

Hey, is this a rain or shine event? I hear its-a-gunna-be-rainin... Im still down to go either way though, rain hasn't hurt me yet....

smelt240

Pretty good turnout considering the weather an hour before we got there. A lot of goodies I haven't seen in years, plus the chance to see another Tiger MX machine up close! Makes me wish my arm would recover quicker.....   Vegas, if you guys get a chance, you're more than welcome to come up and ride the back trails, I own a little over 40 acres of woods, with a lot of nice riding trails, plus the med size pit right across the road.

Vegasjetta

Pretty good turnout considering the weather an hour before we got there. A lot of goodies I haven't seen in years, plus the chance to see another Tiger MX machine up close! Makes me wish my arm would recover quicker.....   Vegas, if you guys get a chance, you're more than welcome to come up and ride the back trails, I own a little over 40 acres of woods, with a lot of nice riding trails, plus the med size pit right across the road.
Alan, next time my friends come up from NY (Lexus with enclosed trailer), we will contact you. Looking at the map, you are only an hour away from my house in Westbrook. When we went riding the next day in Casco, that was a 50 minute drive. The trails up there were awesome, and we found a sand pit as well. Afterwards, I had a gun pulled on me by some wannabe fireman that said I was trespassing on a hay field that was clearly marked "ATV access". Needless to say, the local sheriff wasn't too pleased with that and they are trying to figure out who he is. I didn't get his plate number because I was more concerned at the gun pointed at me and getting the F outta there. 

smelt240

Hmmm.... well..... nobody here will point a gun at you at least. I did have to kick the horse club off my land.  I was riding my 250R out back, and saw the horses coming, so I shut the machine right down, and pulled it off the trail. After listening to the woman in charge of the group of horses call me every name in the book, and screaming that I was on a marked snowmobile trail without the clubs permission- I asked her where SHE got permission to be there.  She said "from the snowmobile club,". I said "where did they get permission?" She said "from the landowner".   I then told her this was her one warning, and I AM THE LANDOWNER, and NOBODY had permission to be on MY land, not even the snowmobile club, they had always just assumed it was their trail. So now there is a sign stating " No horses, and no motorized vehicles other than ATVs"  on both ends of my land... pretty funny actually....  Im going to adjust the valves on my little 360 Prairie 4x4, then that's all set to go, I cant ride my sport machines with my arm bad, but should be able to be a decent trail guide with that one...

inski

Next time you're in Casco let me know, show me the hay field, I'll find out who it is.  I ride the trails with my sons and their friends in Casco and Naples.  No need for belligerent a-holes.  We'll get the warden to make arrests.  Even if you were trespassing in that manner pulling a gun is illegal.

Did you find the 'corkscrew' on the powerlines in Casco? heh heh
default_biggrin.png
 that's close to my place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluffy282

Just got my 400ex fired up this weekend! I live across the street from an entrance to jug town so I'm excited to play around.

inski

I live on Cooks Mills Rd.  We're on Jug Town Rd. terrain all the time.

I haven't been out since last year but P&K's pit usually has some nice dunes piled up for the riders.  Nicely done by P&K.  You can side walk/drift on the side of those dunes for a 100ft sometimes.  Both me and my son have rolled over once or twice off those dunes.  that's not a pleasant experience.
default_biggrin.png

smelt240

Im thinking a ride might be in order soon. My arm is getting somewhat better, so I have my powdercoat job scheduled for the Arens frame on my race bike...  loosely based on an 88 TRX250R, the fenders and engine cases are Honda, other than that, its aftermarket everything.  I wont be doing any really scary riding yet, my arm just isn't strong enough to pull the bars for any vertical climbing or anything like that...Im still working the bugs out of the build as well...  so far:

Arens bros chromoly frame 88-89 geometry

Jannsen racing swingarm -1"

Works triples with resi's

Aluminum front 450R style calipers

Lonestar +3+1 A arms

Braided lines

310cc engine, mild drag port

Air stryker carb

FMF or CT pipe depending on conditions (woods or pit)

Orig 88 red plastic with graphics (pretty rare)

Lonestar +4 axle

billet hubs

Lonestar 2 row bearing carrier

Renthal bars

on and on....

smelt240

I let my buddy try out the Arens bike vs the stockish 88 that I have. No comparison. He put over 15 feet of air between him and the ground, and landed like he had never left the ground. The guy I got the frame from has a built rear shock, I might go grab that soon, if it doesn't sell.

inski

I'm embarrassed. My wheelers haven't left the garage yet this season.  I have to get tires for the Raptor. 
default_additional_sad.gif

Latest posts

Back