Anyone here into ATV's or ATC's? Maine Trike Fest, May 11th!

smelt240

I still cant really ride.... Ive taken them out a couple times, but not much fun worried about my arm the whole time. Its getting there though

smelt240

Check out my Super Stang post. I cant believe he traded that Mustang for my old 88 250R.... he paid $3200 for it a month ago... Now I have to put my full attention on the race buggy. And my dune buggy. I picked up a Badlands longtravel Buggy a year or so ago, its over at the chassis shop down the road, were going to build some big ol front A arms and rear trailing arms soon. I kind of forgot about it....

smelt240

Id save some money and put better suspension on a cheap Banshee. I bought one new in 01, and built it over 3 years. When I was done, it would outhandle most everything out there, until I went with a +12 swingarm and a monoblock cylinder setup.

05RSKID

I use to have a Suzuki quad racer 250 loved that thing until i blew it up and had to sell it. was to get another one or something slimier at some point.  Have an 05 predator 500 at the moment

Fluffy282

Id save some money and put better suspension on a cheap Banshee. I bought one new in 01, and built it over 3 years. When I was done, it would outhandle most everything out there, until I went with a +12 swingarm and a monoblock cylinder setup.
Really? I figured the yfz frame would be way lighter and handle way better.

smelt240

Im sure mine weighed a little more, but with the Lonestar +3+1 front end, Elka shocks, stock length round house swingarm, and the +4 axle, and the lonestar stem, it was like a super Banshee... I got bored quick though, and went with the +12 swingarm and some CT out of frame drag pipes with the 500cc Cheetah top end. Only thing I didn't do was switch to alcohol, mostly I rode in Whorffs pit in Topsham, there was a 300ft tall wall down there, and about 18 built Banshees every weekend.....we had a lot of fun til it got shut down when Crooker took over...  Il snap some pics of my "250R" after I eat tonight....

I use to have a Suzuki quad racer 250 loved that thing until i blew it up and had to sell it. was to get another one or something slimier at some point.  Have an 05 predator 500 at the moment
You should bring that Predator over to Litchfield sometime!  We have a decent little pit to ride, I have trails right to it... Id love to get a MS ATV ride together!   Im in the process of selling my 86 Quadracer right now, I got it almost done, then kind of lost interest... They were great machines though... Im looking for a 89 or 90 500 Quadracer to be my next toy...

smelt240

Ok, so here it is so far, it can be ridden, but its not sorted yet, and has super junk front rims and tires... 18" paddles are great for the rear sprocket..haha   this thing is a blast to ride though, I cant wait til everything is powdercoated and I can put it together and leave it alone!
250r003.jpg
250r002.jpg
250r001.jpg

The shocks off the roller in the background go on the red one, but my buddy is a little over 100 lbs lighter than me, so we swapped them out so he has some dampening.... also the Renthal bars are on the other buggy right now, there has been some back and forth swapping, trying to figure out what setup I want to run. The red one makes a great lawnchair to watch the frogs and turtles from while I drink beer as well. That's where Im headed now. Fireworks and Sam Adams....

scoobiesforlife

ive gotta get a chain and a new battery for my 04 warrior...other then that i have got quite a few trails behind my parents house that i can rip up

smelt240

ive gotta get a chain and a new battery for my 04 warrior...other then that i have got quite a few trails behind my parents house that i can rip up
Where are you in Litchfield?   I live right by the fairgrounds, all kinds of trails and pits... Warriors were a fun ride, we had a lot of them back in the 90s....

scoobiesforlife

Where are you in Litchfield?   I live right by the fairgrounds, all kinds of trails and pits... Warriors were a fun ride, we had a lot of them back in the 90s....
im right on tacoma lakes on route 126, bout 1.5 miles from the country store and about 2 miles away from south monmouth market, my quad is down at my parents house who are located in gray

smelt240

Huh, haven't seen your car around... I had the silver louder-than-$#%^ STI clone, my wife drives a rumbly black 06 WRX wagon, now Ill be riding around in a turbo Legacy SS... we ride quads in the pit right near the fairgrounds, pretty fun place, not real big, but not too small either.

smelt240

So I found my 1990 LT500R.... should have it next weekend. Little bit of a road trip to pick it up, but I cant find anything I like around here. Sounds like its a beast. Other than the frame, Im going to go thru it just like my red 250R.... A arms, axle, shocks, maybe a round house swingarm...it already has a pipe silencer, and is ported a bit. I want the biggest widest stupidest Quadracer I can build....

smelt240

Sneakers+wet grass+ front kicking 250R is the worst one Ive started. My shins are wrecked from slipping off the kickstarter. At least the 500 hits the back of your leg...   I had one back in 95 or so, so ridiculous. Had dual paddle tires, engine done by Suzuki country racing..   On another note, I rode my race quad today, did OK, but my arm isn't ready yet. That thing rips though!  Its supposed to be right around 50hp at the wheels. those 18" paddles are funny, so much quieter than my Skat-traks or STU paddles. I also got to see a 300ex get the front sprocket welded to the crank.  About the time I started to voice my concerns for the crank seals, the oil started sizzling....

Latest posts

Back