Ask a Tuner Thread!

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Simple topic here.....

Have a question about recommend parts, or setups that tune well?

Have a question about mod paths that equal your goals or xxxwhp?

Have a question about reliability or maintenance for best possible tuning numbers?

Just ask them here. This applies to anyone.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
is there anything to gain with a "tune" to an 05 2.5i?

Say... C.a.I and a 2.5" cbe, then a tune or a reflash..

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
is there anything to gain with a "tune" to an 05 2.5i?

Say... C.a.I and a 2.5" cbe, then a tune or a reflash..
Absolutely there are gains up top in the powerband, and also huge changes to driveability. We have done a few N/A Subaru vehicles and would love to do more.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
You could also remove the d.b.w throttle lag?

And you guys are located in mass?

Once work picks up after this (rather lame) winter, its beginning to seem like a trip down to you guys could happen

MuddyWRX

OK so I have an OTS opensource tune. I took datalogs and worked with the tuner to go from roughly 230 whp to 300 whp according to virtual dyno. Is there anything to gain (power, safety, drivability) with a dyno or road tune in person?

scubiecraig

Absolutely there are gains up top in the powerband, and also huge changes to driveability. We have done a few N/A Subaru vehicles and would love to do more.
I'm in the same boat. I might have to make a trip down there possibly this summer as well. I'd love to eek out some more hp and drivability.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I'm in the same boat. I might have to make a trip down there possibly this summer as well. I'd love to eek out some more hp and drivability.
GROUPTUNE!
default_tongue.png

scubiecraig

Sounds good to me... but I don't know how long these things take, and if Bren would want to take on multiple vehicles in a short amount of time.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
OK so I have an OTS opensource tune. I took datalogs and worked with the tuner to go from roughly 230 whp to 300 whp according to virtual dyno. Is there anything to gain (power, safety, drivability) with a dyno or road tune in person?
Absolutely, I have re-tuned over all the popular E-tunes with great results. VD can be manipulated. Strapped down same time same day same temperature will really show and prove. The dyno allows me to build a timing curve for optimal performance for your specific car. Our 2011 tunes are second to none, most tuners really miss the margin with proper tuning cam timing with that platform and leave a lot of room on the table.

You could also remove the d.b.w throttle lag?

And you guys are located in mass?

Once work picks up after this (rather lame) winter, its beginning to seem like a trip down to you guys could happen
DBW is remapped completely, and we are located in central MA.

Sounds good to me... but I don't know how long these things take, and if Bren would want to take on multiple vehicles in a short amount of time.
1-3 hours each. We do roughly 5 dyno tunes every saturday comfortably.

Last edited by a moderator:

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
How much does a tune cost?
And if you have any exp. With tuning a 4th gen n/a legacy, whats a setup that works well?

By the time I take the trip down I plan on having a u.e.l and converting my exhaust to 2.5" single exit. Would you have any idea what the best choice for an intake would be?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, im pretty clueless when it comes to tuning

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
How much does a tune cost?
Each tune is done a la carte. Depending on year/modifications and if it is a basic flash / or dyno tuned (dyno time is more of course but provides better gains) Let us know what you'd like to do via email and we can supply anyone with a quote.

[email protected]

And if you have any exp. With tuning a 4th gen n/a legacy, whats a setup that works well?

By the time I take the trip down I plan on having a u.e.l and converting my exhaust to 2.5" single exit. Would you have any idea what the best choice for an intake would be?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, im pretty clueless when it comes to tuning
Factory box with a filter works fine, the header is the most important part, exhaust and intake are minimal.

WashmyScooby

Can you do anything with a 2004 Corvette Z06? My buddy is looking for a tuner. It's got a few bolt ons, but nothing over the top.

Tyler

I need a basetune for a hybrid. It's an ej22t block with 03 WRX heads/intake/ecu. Generic short ram intake for now, with a OEM TD04. It has a set of GFB lightweight pullys, but everything else is stock. What can you do for me?

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Spin,

You would be most interested in our street tune service of a custom tuned flash off the dyno. A good tuner will not blindly send base flashes on a setup like that without checking them for AFR/Timing verification that they are working properly. Especially with a swap where there can be a lot of loose ends that can effect tuning.

Tyler

Okay, so I'd need to tow the vehicle down do have the tune done? What's the pricing on the service you mentioned?

On a side note, once I get the swap done, will starting the car with the stock WRX tune harm the motor in anyway? I would like to know the swap is functional before I tow it to you.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Yes with stock airbox/stock size intake the factory flash should idle and cruise part/throttle decently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back