"automotive" christmas wishes

scubiecraig

Got a nice package from the Post Office today!

photobucket-2811-1325877795544.jpg

scubiecraig

Do you have them independently wired? Or do you just have them wired up to your high's? I'm really excited to get them on and running!

Matt

just a switch inside, I had 2 blank spots next to my factory fog switch and cruise so I put it there

scubiecraig

Gotcha. So you turn them on and off at the flip of the switch. Is there any rule in Maine stating that you can't have them that way? I know some states they have to work with only the high beams.

Matt

just need to work if there on the vehicle but I think if they have a full cover it doesn't matter.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
They're technically for offroad use only. And should be covered when driving on the road. Although unless you're being a jerk about blinding people I doubt you'll get attention.

I have mine wired to a switch, and to my high beams. But getting power direct from the battery through a relay. So when my high beams are on, the hellas are on, when I go to low beams they go off. That way I don't have to deal with two switches for traffic. I then also have a switch I can flip to completely disable the hellas.

scubiecraig

They're technically for offroad use only. And should be covered when driving on the road. Although unless you're being a jerk about blinding people I doubt you'll get attention.

I have mine wired to a switch, and to my high beams. But getting power direct from the battery through a relay. So when my high beams are on, the hellas are on, when I go to low beams they go off. That way I don't have to deal with two switches for traffic. I then also have a switch I can flip to completely disable the hellas.
This is how I want mine setup. There are very vague instructions included in the box though.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It's easy, I can show you... or make a diagram.

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

It's easy, I can show you... or make a diagram.
I've looked some up online... but yes, it would be great to have another diagram to compare. I'm almost thinking if I have the time when I'm ready to do it, actually making a video. There always seem to be questions regarding this.

Latest posts

Back