AVO Solid Response Boost Controller?

Gate4jg

I will just make this simple: AVO Solid Response Boost Controller + 04 STI = good or bad idea?

internalcombust

There are better ways to go. If I remember isn't that just a different wastegate controler? Try true engine management of some kind. Accesport, utec, or comparable. Safer and good results. Just my 2 cents.

HR radness

His royal radness
I have a cheapo MBC courtesy akinaspeedpants. While it's good to have so I can raise my stock boost levels (My stock boost level is NINE PSI max!!) it sucks at delivery of it.

WTF do you need to raise boost levels on an STI for anyway? Your car has like a gajillion horsepower An MBC is definetly NOT the way to go. Start with an exhaust, that alone is worth the grin factor

ralli

I would not use a manual (or electronic) Boost control.. The ECU controls boost with the boost solunoid.. Do engine Management (Reflash, Cobb AP, Utech, or the cheap way... open ECU) and you will not only be able to turn up the boost correctly, you can also get more power from other areas, such as adjusting the wastegate duty cycle, adjusting timing, etc etc...

that's my opinion on it..

boosted

^^^ good call, but a MBC on top of your EM will also deliver "more boost quicker" for lack of better terms. For example, my AP max boost is set at 20 psi in which the turbo usually spools to that psi at about 3300 in 4th. However with my MBC, I can hit full boost at about 3100 RPM.

~$0.02

Latest posts

Back