Bad Gearbox????

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rallyXcramps

Well, I guess its time for a long nasty letter to SOA AND SoNE and Exeter and Patriot. Telling us all this stuff isn't helping yourself at all.

Audis are slow and expensive. I smoked several in my Wrx. ;D

Rightseat

ahem...audis. OK y'all asked for it

my sister and bro in law have had a perfectly awful time with theirs. warrany has covered the repairs, (and the towing bills and the cost of rental cars) but so what?

approx 12k miles;; my sister and her 2 girls were stranded by bad ignition coil pack module, on a dark night in the rain. warranty: Audi replaced the defective coil pack member involved. (1 out of 4, NOT all of them). car was down 5 days.

circa 20k miles: my bro in law and a client were stranded by bad coil pak module, halfway back from Sunday River in a snowstorm. Audi dealer kept car for nearly 2 weeks..."parts shortage" (translation., they had replaced so many coil paks that they did't have any to spare and the rest were back-ordered). now 2 of the original 4 coil paks were replaced. my bro in law kind of grew to like the Toyota rental car, cause it always started and ran and got him home again.

month or 2 later, Audi was dead in the driveway, towed to dlr. "unknown electrical issue" and they drove the old hayseed F150 to the dealer and picked up the car. It died a couple days later in the driveway. same thing yet again. no repairs, "no issue found"

not long after, my sister and kids stranded YET AGAIN by bad coil pak. at least it was close to home, cause they'd had such a bad time with the car that they didn't dare drive it on long trips. Note the last phrase: THEY DIDN"T DARE DRIVE IT ON LONG TRIPS. Note again--this is on a new $32k A4 wagon, in case anybody missed the issue.

"SATAN" the black Audi waggie is waiting on yet more coil paks to replace the last one that needs to be replaced. Now all of 33k miles on the clock. My sister hopes the car will be struck by lightning so they will be rid of it.

this makes an abused 2nd hand WRX with tranny issues look kind of like a picnic. so it's lost 2nd gear, at least it still runs and drives and will get your loved ones home on a dark n stormy night.

DG

Audi = teh Suck

audi dlrs = teh suck

Audi owners = dupes with seriously deflated wallets and crappy cars

gearsoup

wow. Doesn't that fall under the lemon law or something? If not, tell her to leave her keys in it. I think I know someone who can "fix" her car for her....

j/k

twa

I'm not saying that you can't smoke any Audi's in your wrx. That's not the purpose of the vehicle. At least the transmission won't break.

I've already wrote letters to SOA, Subaru.com, and BBB. yeah not so much. awesome

subaru LOVING blows. fudge you all

Rightseat

it's also becoming increasingly clear how much his wonderful positive attitude helped his experience with dealers, warranty people, STMers, etc

early on in this thread he was offered lots of solid advice and support. great to see how much THAT has helped. the welcome has quite worn out on his gearbox issue.

contrary to popular opinion of the OP, nobody owes him squat -- SOA, local dealer, STM or anybody else.

now he can sulk around the audi boards, beetching about how THAT car has let him down.

:-X :-X

twa

Does anybody read the posts? My gf has the Audi. I would by one any day over any Subaru, but I plan on replacing my shitbox with a BMW.

gearsoup

now there's a car that never needs to be in a shop :
default_biggrin.png
:
default_biggrin.png

how about you save yourself a load of grief and buy a Kia or a Hyundai. I hear they are reliable and well warranteed cars. :-*

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Does anybody read the posts? My gf has the Audi. I would by one any day over any Subaru, but I plan on replacing my shitbox with a BMW.
just make wweallly sure you get the twaction contwol wiff dat beamer, den you'll have a weally, weally safe, boring pos to dwive.

k

gearsoup

my boss has a 2002 BMW 328. It's been in the shop more than it's been on the road. Of course, it'a all under warranty, but at that point, might as well have a 100,000 mile warrantee on a Kia...

Runnah

my boss has a 2002 BMW 328. It's been in the shop more than it's been on the road. Of course, it'a all under warranty, but at that point, might as well have a 100,000 mile warrantee on a Kia...

Yup, a co-worker had a 328 (i think) that was in the shop more then on the road, same with their Mercedes.

Look, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.

A warrenty shouldn't be the reason to buy a car.

Evan

Look, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.

that's awesome.

p.s., bitching to us isn't going to get you a new car or your present one fixed. its pointless.

katnip

the car is black. I swear

that's awesome.

p.s., bitching to us isn't going to get you a new car or your present one fixed. its pointless.
that and our patience have run out

twa

The wrx is a prime example of you all making excuses for poor engineering and quality proven by the lack of backing from your own manufacturer.

shitboxes.

hahahahaha.

twa

Besides anything's more reliable than my subaru tranmission was.

bwahahahahaha...

shitboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back