Beep Beep Imma Jeep

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Hitch backing plates ordered. Hitch will be picked up this weekend. C4x4 front hooks will be ordered tomorrow.
default_tongue.png

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
C4x4 front hooks ordered. Picking up a trailerhitch for the rear tomorrow hopefully. Recovery points will be complete within the next few days.

Full bottle of CLR ready for round 2 in the battle of the heater core.

This thing is drift king in the snow in 2wd. I was full out slamming around corners slideways in my friends neighborhood tonight.

In part time 4x4, throwing it sideways is understeer crazy, but I'm starting to get a better handle on it.

i-wagon

they're a bit different to get used to after a sube. i had my moms 99 for a week while the forester got it's second replacement tranny. slow as turd, noisy sloppy and bad on gas, but feels like a tank. it also saw more atv trails than my mom knows about
default_additional_bsflag.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
On the topic of maine4x4... wtf is with the need to register to view the forums?

I don't care if forums charge to have an account, whatever. But why charge to view?

MuddyWRX

They looked good enough for now. Once I get a welder, I'll be bracing the front so that way I don't have to worry about yanking just one side of the uniframe.
If you get ambitious with a welder check out my Detours front bumper sometime in person, it would be easy to copy the mounting without the winch plate. Stiffens the front end up and gives you better mounting for recovery and lights.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Went to pick up my trailer hitch today. Big beefy uhaul for le cheap.

Then I asked the guy at the counter for Cherokee interior bits. He opened the back door and told me to go find them.

2011-01-29%2012.57.32.jpg

These two little guys had most of the parts I needed... and some extra goodies. None of the five or so Cherokees in the yard had rear hatches and their windows were down, so I used a glove box to shovel them out.

2011-01-29%2012.58.35.jpg

Rear trim piece as mine was broken to hell.

2011-01-29%2014.21.16.jpg

Speaker covers to replace my junky ones. Trim piece with fuse panel cover as mine didn't come with one. Visor with a vanity mirror that isn't cracked all over. Center console vent thingy as one of mine had a ton of broken fins. And my biggest find.... some speakers.

2011-01-29%2014.21.24.jpg

My jeep came with aftermarket pioneers in the rear, but one was blown out. I was going to try and fix it, but while I was at the yard I checked for speakers. The biggest thing I've learned about yard diving is to check for aftermarket parts. I pulled the speaker grills off of one cherokee and JACKPOT. These are fancy Alpine Type R's that are so fancy they have a crossover box. The price? Ten Dollars for both. SCORE.

2011-01-29%2014.22.10.jpg

Next time I go, I need to bring a sled to carry parts.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I also picked up a cap + rotor + spark plugs. I thought my wires were fairly new, but they're junky too. I'll get them this week and swap 'em on my lunch break.

Coolant flush is in the process and the heater core is filled with CLR for the night. The heat has slowly improved from "may prevent you from freezing to death" to "actually possible to be comfortable". Hopefully this bout plus the air compressor cleans it out good. It's fine as is, so anything else is a bonus.

Tomorrow I have to clean up and paint the uhaul hitch then throw it on, along with douche the cooling system some more and refill it. Then figure out why my front washer doesn't work.

She's coming a long.

Latest posts

Back