Beer And Brewing (The Official, Unofficial Thread)

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
This thread is for those of us that have the desire, capability, or love for brewing.

Please add your recipes, tips, tricks, suppliers, whatever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Well I am on my last case of the schwarzbier that I brewed last winter. I am definitely going to do another, but in the meantime, I have a NewCastle clone kit to do.

What do you guys have/do whatever. (looking at you Jimbo)

And if anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to come help

Last edited by a moderator:

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
Planning on starting a batch of hard cider.

Need to find a lot of base to start with though, cider by the gallon is pricey.

If anyone has any ideas LMK.

Nate

Founding Father
I drink beer.... But let someone else brew it. I will gladly sample anyone's home brew though.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
too busy. I say keep it on here unless there is a relavant link. I don't care that much and I am for now fine with prepackaged ingredient kits.

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
Started 6 gallons of hard cider. 2 batches, going to do a bit of differentiation between the 2.

HR radness

His royal radness
Started a batch last week. Northern brewer kit "Irish Draught ale", Very active fermentation with a lot of blow-off in the first two days. Its settled down now, I will rack it in another week. It should be ready for St. Patty's day

I started homebrewing in 1995, its awesome.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That reminds me.. I should really brew this newcastle clone if I am going to have one for St Patty's day.

smelt240

We should start the MainleySubaBrewPub!!! I didnt know anybody else on here brewed! Ive been playing with it for the last 8 or 9 years. Im just waiting for a little cash to free up to finish my bar. I normally do 3 or 4 batches a year,plus a double cider in the fall. I missed the cider season this year,theres a great farm in Sabattus to get it,right from the press tank.My "Smelt's Cider" recipe:

Let it warm up to room temp(it comes out of the tank very cold.Boil up a gallon,with 8 lbs of sugar,2 lbs brown sugar,and some molasses,get it into primary. I usually add raisins,2 or 3 pounds will do it. Let ferment until it slows to a bubble every minute. Then depending what I want the final brew to be,I either add oak chips (steamed-never boil Oak chips.If you do,you will understand what tannin tastes like) or some fruit(raspberries or blackberries do good),to the secondary fermenter.If Im doing a fruit cider,Ill usually give it a third short fermentation,so I can rack it off the fruit,and let everything settle out. Usually doesn't last long after its bottled. If it makes it a month or so,it will be carbonated to about the same level as Woodchuck cider,but with a lot bigger(and much better) taste.

Ill take a few pics of my "Brewpub" tonight and post em up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
My brews tend to last a while. I am still killing off the last of my black lager from last winter.

Bringing back from the dead.

Anyone ever do their own wine? I got a recipe for "prison" wine which we modified into "dorm" wine by using actual brewing yeast. I am attempting a blueberry/blackberry batch right now. 2 weeks and I will have my results.

Latest posts

Back